Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Layout

Mike Heatherly

On my 16 channel PC controller. I have 11.28 amps on one side and 5.28 amps on the other. Is this ok or should I try to balance it out better? As far as what I've read I'm ok on the amp dram. I just didn't know if I needed to redo my sequences in order to balance this out a little better.

Mike

I just had a thought.:shock:

Can I go in and assign the channels individually, or do I need to cut and past the channels so they run in order 1 through 16?

I'm sorry, I realized this should have been posted in software.

The controllers don't care what order you plug things in in (in in?).

I use Rick Williams' awesome spreadsheet for calculating my load values and spread them across my available circuits.

Here's what one controller looks like. As you can see, channels are not in order.

Controller1.png

Cheers,
Charlie

If you are using LOR II, go into the Channel Property Grid in the Tools menu and you can easily redesignate controller IDs and circuit/channel numbers. Using LOR I, you can do this by clicking on the individual channel in the Sequence Editor. My own personal preference is to try to balance things out, although it is not always possible or feasible.

Load balancing is never a bad idea, but not a requirement. The less load on your controllers, in theory, the longer they'll last. I wouldn't spend hours worrying about/working on it though...

-Tim

If it was me, I would be concerned. It doesn't sound like you have enough lights on the low side. Better add another 5 amps worth.
Remember, lot's is good, lot's more is great!!!!

Scott