Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 pixels stay on at show shutdown

Denny

I am using an ECG P12R and an E681 via Unicast.  Everything runs fine, but I have noticed when my show shuts down for the night that the pixels which were illuminated in the last sequence played all stay lit.  If I disconnect power from the two controllers and then reconnect power, the same pixels come back on.  If I go into the control panel after the show shuts down and disable shows, the pixels will turn off and remain off.  I thought that I might edit each sequence to make sure that the last .05 second is off and see if that helps, but it's no real big deal right now.  It's just puzzling, any ideas what is causing this?  The LOR controllers are not affected, just the two E1.31 controllers.

Do you have "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" enabled in your show? Note that there is an option like this in most of the different sections of the show (Background, Musical, Shutdown, etc.), and they are all independent of each other, so make sure to check them all.

Bob,

I will go back and double check just to make sure, but if it was on, wouldn't all the lights stay on?  Even the ones on the LOR controllers?  The only ones that remain lit are those on the two E1.31 controllers.

I would only  get the pixels staying on if i terminated a show or sequence improperly.  Basically, if you are sending out DMX commands and your controller doesn't have an automatic blanking setting, you will get this.   It's because you never sent any OFF commands.   The turn off lights between sequences should fix this.  I made a "Turn off all lights" sequence that was 5 seconds long with 5 events.  I play that in the shutdown tab just to make sure all the dmx devices get an off signal sent to them.

Tim

Bob,

I will go back and double check just to make sure, but if it was on, wouldn't all the lights stay on?  Even the ones on the LOR controllers?  The only ones that remain lit are those on the two E1.31 controllers.

Depends on your sequences.