Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixlite 16 w/ LOR issues

haf2

I have been looking to see if anyone else is having the same issue that I am having. Ok....I purchased a pixlite 16 and 2811 smart RGB strips through Holiday Coro. The rest of my display is running LED through a RS485 adapter. My issue is that when I run a show in LOR3 the  2811 strip colors are not coming out correctly in parts of the sequence and working in other parts. Example  I have the lights to be all red then green then blue. some strands are following the sequence and other strands are turning part red,green and blue. Its weird. Then the sequence has the lights turn all white and have color chase then it works. Also for some reason only universe 1 and 2 are turning on and all lights under universe 3 are not. I ran the Pixlite in test mode and all the lights are turning on and alternating in color just fine. Any help would be great. Here is my config setup.

Thanks,

Harry

Sorry I can't be of any help because I ask all new to this but I have a question.  I'd like to add smart pixels next year from Holiday Coro and their controllers.  I have a Showtime Director that's suppose to output DMX on one of the ports. Do I just plug the Pixlite controller into that and set it all up in my network preferences, or do I also need some sort of dongle/adapter?

I'm really interested in trying this for next years display.

• Like 1

To the OP:  First thing to check is on the LED tab of the Advatek Assistant there is a setting for RGB order.  Did you change that to match the RGB order printed on the strip package from HC?  Page 15 of the Assistant manual has more details on that.

I had same problem. They strips aren't RGB. They are RBG if I remember correctly. It says on the package they come in.

I have the same set up I believe they might be grb, I changed the channel configuration on the advatek utility. Universe 1 start channel 1, second strip universe 2, start channel 1 and so on. Holiday coro does have a config video on there site which may help

I have been looking to see if anyone else is having the same issue that I am having. Ok....I purchased a pixlite 16 and 2811 smart RGB strips through Holiday Coro. The rest of my display is running LED through a RS485 adapter. My issue is that when I run a show in LOR3 the  2811 strip colors are not coming out correctly in parts of the sequence and working in other parts. Example  I have the lights to be all red then green then blue. some strands are following the sequence and other strands are turning part red,green and blue. Its weird. Then the sequence has the lights turn all white and have color chase then it works. Also for some reason only universe 1 and 2 are turning on and all lights under universe 3 are not. I ran the Pixlite in test mode and all the lights are turning on and alternating in color just fine. Any help would be great. Here is my config setup.

Thanks,

Harry

I have the same problem - my strips are RGB and work that way in xLights test mode through the PixLite, but they come out different using S3 to play the sequences??

Sorry I can't be of any help because I ask all new to this but I have a question.  I'd like to add smart pixels next year from Holiday Coro and their controllers.  I have a Showtime Director that's suppose to output DMX on one of the ports. Do I just plug the Pixlite controller into that and set it all up in my network preferences, or do I also need some sort of dongle/adapter?

I'm really interested in trying this for next years display.

The Pixlite is a ethernet based controller and the director is RS485 based so they are unable to work together.  For information about DMX and its use with the director, see http://blog.holidaycoro.com/2013/03/the-lor-showdirector-and-dmx.html

The logical order to track down the source of the problem is to first:

* Run a hardware output test to confirm that all the strips work and are outputting the same color at the same time (press and hold the Factory IP button for 3 seconds, it will go RGBW)

* Since LOR expects RGB lights to be in the RGB sequence, which many pixels are not, you can re-map them based on the actual output.  As mentioned above, you want to check the pixels to determine what their ordering is (RGB, GBR, BGR, etc) and configure that value in the controller - this will result in the controller "remapping" the output from the pixel's physical order (say BGR) to the logical order of RGB.

* Test the output directly using an application such as xLights where you can turn on an off individual channels.  You should then be able to go in, say on Universe 1, DMX channel 1 and turn it on and get Red, then on channel 2, Green and channel 3, Blue.  You then repeat that on each output to confirm that they are all working as expected.

* If after confirming in xLights that the output order is right, then create a NEW sequence, not reusing an existing sequence and setup the same test for output in each output on the controller.  Either you'll find a problem in the test sequence or if not, then the issue is in the original sequence.

Thanks,

David