Light-O-Rama Forums

Let it Go - Tornado Version

Mega Arch

Came outside to see if the hail storm damaged any props and I noticed you can't hear my show over the tornado sirens. The nerve.

Well at least my GFCI's aren't tripping.

Got to love Oklahoma weather.

Edited by Mega Arch

I love your setup, I have always wanted a nice nativity scene. I had an overload on my USB port but a simple reboot now I have everything except channel 16 on controller 3. I unplugged and replugged it, but it is dark I will revisit it tomorrow. We did test all the mega strings before we raised the tower so I don't know what the situation could be.

Thanks Papa.

I too love my nativity.

It's a Hobby Lobby series from a few years back.

Several layers of clear sealant and so it still looks great.

Sorry to hear about the tree channel. Hope you can get it figured out.

Edited by Mega Arch

Good to hear everything is good.

It was wild. We got some wind and hail but nothing too serious.

I could hear the sirens in the distance, but not in our county.

Bob has a good point. Need to get that spare controller setup in the storm shelter. :)

Papa, hopefully an easy fix. Maybe a plug issue. All those light strands were checked out when running cords to them during setup.

Now Daniel,

Since this topic was worded "Let it Go, Tornado Version", you know your going to have about 352,000 requests of the sequence for that version, right??? :P  :ph34r:

When it all got here last night, 9:45Pm...mine was running Let it Go as well and started to pour, thunder and lightening. There was at least one car out there still watching! I commanded a gentle shutdown and good thing I did as just as the song completed, the first GFCI popped. Waited till the deluge stopped, then reset the GFCI that popped. No sirens here.

I unplugged my power supplies and cat5 cables when I heard the thunder and knowing it was coming my way.

35' mega tree and lightning storms are not a good mix for lights/controllers and computer.

Luckily it passed by before it got totally dark. So the show went as scheduled.

Glad to hear everyone made it thru okay.

I turned power off for all controllers in the morning and turned them back on after the storm. I guess leaving the computer on wasn't the best idea. I have no problem hearing the sirens here, I thing this house was built on one, it is very loud even inside

Papa

I turned power off for all controllers in the morning and turned them back on after the storm. I guess leaving the computer on wasn't the best idea. I have no problem hearing the sirens here, I thing this house was built on one, it is very loud even inside

Papa

Me and Daniel know that very well Papa. We were there helping you set up when it went off if I remember correctly.

That is right Tom, and don't worry folks we were not raising a tower during a cyclonic storm. They test all tornado sirens at noon every Saturday just as we test our equipment to ensure everything is working.

Papa

Now Daniel,

Since this topic was worded "Let it Go, Tornado Version", you know your going to have about 352,000 requests of the sequence for that version, right??? :P:ph34r:

For the record - I was running out of time and this song was for my granddaughters and nieces, so I ended up purchasing it.

So everyone reading this - don't ask for it. I will not forward purchased sequences.

Glad everything is good. And I really like that walkway arch! :) Never seen one like that before, nice.

Thanks Jeff.

Was 75% off after Christmas at Ace about 10years ago. Stripped the incans and lit it up with 16 circuits LED's a few years back.

I just love it.

Yeah just found out last week my 2 year old granddaughter loves Frozen. The others are all teenagers so it never occurred to me that the 2 year old would even know what song was what. I am a bad Papa. 

Papa

For the record - I was running out of time and this song was for my granddaughters and nieces, so I ended up purchasing it.

So everyone reading this - don't ask for it. I will not forward purchased sequences.

Daniel. I was focusing more on the "Tornado Version" wording. People are probably googling their fingers off to find that version out in music land. LOL . Thinking to themselves, "what??? another version of Let it Go?" LOL

Yeah just found out last week my 2 year old granddaughter loves Frozen. The others are all teenagers so it never occurred to me that the 2 year old would even know what song was what. I am a bad Papa. 

Papa

Your not a bad papa. Your a busy papa. :)

I've been hearing both kids and adults singing up a storm to the "Frozen" songs...lol...the kids, cute. I think in the case of the adults singing, they are just getting into it with the kids which is great! There was one kid a few nights ago...couldn't sing worth a darn but she went full blast anyway and I'm glad she did. She was enjoying herself to the max and this is what doing lights to music is all about!