Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! Fuse is stuck in Controller

mcnamara9

I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer.  I have a 2007/2008 LOR 1602W showtime controller.  Channels 9-16 all of sudden stopped working tonight.  The outlet it is plugged into is good (breaker did not trip).  I'm thinking it's the fuse.  I used a screw driver to get the fuse carrier to eject, which it did, but the fuse did not come up with it.  It's still stuck inside the controller.    Anyone have a tip or two on how to get the fuse out?  Thanks in Advance!

UNPLUG THE POWER

Take some tweezers and work at it.

Or unhook everything where you can invert the controller and tap on it a little bit.

It should come out fairly easy once the cap is removed.

Good luck

The following is just a joke seeing how mega arch already took all of the good answers. Get a Q-tip and put some bubble gum on the one end and then stick that to the end of the fuse. Na, better yet put bubble gum on the end of a lolly pop stick. I am afraid that the cotton might come off of the end of the Q-tip and leave the gum and cotton on the fuse in the fuse holder.

AGAIN JUST JOKING.. Do not try this at home. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I had the same thing happened in 2007 with the same controller. The fuse holder actually melted and I could not remove the fuse.  Don't know whey the fuse didn't blow.  Ended up replacing the whole fuse holder.

The fuse holder is shot! I have had many of those fuse holders go bad, the cap holds the fuse too tight and does not allow the spring in the cap to push the fuse down on the bottom of the fuse holder. This creates a loose fit in the holder and arcing occurs causing heat build up and melting the bottom of the holder. Sometimes it melts just enough to cause there to be no connection but I have had one melt completely in two.

I have spare holders that LOR sent me years ago for just such an occasion and after going a couple years with no problems I had one melt just last week on our Mega tree. I had it back up and running before the first runthrough of the show was complete!

Edited by Tim Herberger

• The topic was locked