Light-O-Rama Forums

Recording a sequence using a keyboard or MIDI device

butric

Hello guys!

I have a question about recording sequences into LOR, and maybe one of you have pulled it off in the past.

Anyways, I want to be able to record an entire LOR sequence using a PC keyboard or MIDI keyboard or device. I am aware that LOR has a tapper wizard that will let you do this. However, the tapper wizard WILL do what i want, but not all at the same time. What I want to do is have a single key bound to a fixture, But I want all the channels to be bound at once.  So that way I can press any of the bound keys at any time, and it will insert a timing for that channel at that time.

So for example, I press key "1" and then fixture "1" will have a timing inserted. Or I press key "5" and fixture "5" will have a timing inserted.

Hopefully you understand what i'm getting at. This would be extremely helpful in creating sequences, let me know if you have done something similar to this or know of a way of going about it. 

Thanks.

A timing mark will apply to all channels. You can't have individual timings per channel in one grid. You'd have to set up different timing grids for the various timings you want.

There is a way to do what you want but not in the LOR software. you must create a Midi file first using a midi editor like Cakewalk Sonar syncing it to a the audio file you wish to use in the sequence. There are a few more steps to getting the final sequence but it can be done just not all in the sequence editor. I have done it before but it takes a little work to get to what you want. If you haven't used the Midi wizard yet I suggest you try it and create a few sequences to see how it works. I love the fact that it assigns each midi note in a one Midi channel to as many channels in LOR as needed.  

There is a way to do what you want but not in the LOR software. you must create a Midi file first using a midi editor like Cakewalk Sonar syncing it to a the audio file you wish to use in the sequence. There are a few more steps to getting the final sequence but it can be done just not all in the sequence editor. I have done it before but it takes a little work to get to what you want. If you haven't used the Midi wizard yet I suggest you try it and create a few sequences to see how it works. I love the fact that it assigns each midi note in a one Midi channel to as many channels in LOR as needed. 

Ok, thank you, I was expecting to have to do something along those lines. But thanks a lot!