Light-O-Rama Forums

ECG-P2 and LOR S3 NOT Communicating

Dave H1

OK, originally had problems with my P-2 but was found that it was a bad Ethernet chip which Ed replaced.  Great customer service from J1SYS right before Thanksgiving!!

However, I am still having issues controlling the P-2 through LOR.  I’ll try to provide the current overview:

• Installed a separate Ethernet card in computer specifically for E1.31 use;
  • Connected to a 4 port switch which is then connected to the P-2;
  • Can connect to the P-2 using the default 10.10.10.10 address.  There is one string of (50) WS2811 pixels connected and they cycle correctly through the test pattern; and
  • Created a short 45 second test sequence in LOR S3 – nothing worked (I’ll circle back to this).

Went to XLights

• Could not run the P-2 in Xlights while in multicast.  Switched to unicast and all test patterns contained in Xlights work; and
  • Converted the LOR test sequence to a Xlights sequence and the test sequence runs in Xlights (under unicast only).

Now back to LOR

• USB-485B connected and open control panel.  Com listener recognizes universe 1 and is “listening on port 5568”
  • Under network preferences I have both the DMX listener port and E1.31 port set to 5568 (have tried this both with multicast and unicast 10.10.10.10);
  • All of the 50 channels in the sequence are pointing to universe 1; and
  • Click play (ensuring control lights is checked) and…………………………..NOTHING

Where am I going wrong??

Fortunately I am not doing a show this year so I am not pressed to get this resolved immediately but would like to be confident in being able to run some pixels next year.

Try changing the computer's TCPIP port you are connecting to the switch, to something similar but not the same...such 10.10.10.1

It sounds like you've done everything correctly. Have you compared with the video setup for it from Auschristmaslighting? If so, sounds like its time to contact Ed at JoshuaSystems. Last thought, you said you can talk to the card itself via its own address, therefore you have the card's firmware reporting up to you and you've logged into the card?

Correct, I can log into the card and setup the string configuration and also run the test pattern of the P-2.

It's nice to know that the LOR sequence runs in Xlights, but the majority of my show is standard LED which are run through the LOR controllers and my intent to maintain the show through LOR S3.  It must be something simple that is being overlooked since there are many members that are able to run their E1.31 with no issues

Edited by Dave H1

I'm wondering if perhaps what you've said below is the problem. From what I've read it sounds like you have both the usb dongle and e1.31 output set as universe 1. Techinically there's probably nothing really wrong with having a dongle and a e1.31 dmx output both assigned to the 1 universe but I'd be betting that LOR doesn't like it.

Now back to LOR

• USB-485B connected and open control panel.  Com listener recognizes universe 1 and is “listening on port 5568”
  • Under network preferences I have both the DMX listener port and E1.31 port set to 5568 (have tried this both with multicast and unicast 10.10.10.10);
  • All of the 50 channels in the sequence are pointing to universe 1; and

PM me your email address and I'll send you screen shots of my card's setup...maybe there's something in there that got missed.

David,

Thanks for the screen shots.  I've been over them a couple of times and I don't notice anything different in your settings to mine.  LOR just wont connect to the P-2

And Ed at Joshua already repaired the one issue on it too. I would assume he checked it out carefully. Since I'm running, if you wish, you could pack it up and send it too me, then I can connect it here and see if it'll talk and run for real. Its just an option for you. You said you can get to its firmware with the internet browser. You said the LOR Listener finds it and is connected. You've got the control lights checked, not the light designer and the network preferences set and you mentioned that xLights does talk to it, if I heard correctly. Did you reinstall LOR? Try opening a ticket with LOR's help desk and ask them for guidance. Also contact Ed again although he said he's not up on LOR's configuration. Its got to be something real simple. 

I'm  running LOR 3.11.2 advanced.

The listener acknowledges universe 1 is connected

Yes, I can import the test sequence I did in LOR into Xlights, convert it to "xseq" and it will play in xlights.

Ultimately, I want to continue running the LOR controllers and pixels, would it help if I also connected a LOR controller

I'm at a loss. If you wish, pack it up and send it too me. I'll figure it out here for sure since I have a working one here therefore my infrastructure to it is good. One slight thing, I saw you posted one thing different here, you said you have a P-2....I'm using a P-12. Are we talking about the same board?

No, I have the P-2 not a P-12,  That is  why I mentioned in our emails that your P-12 setup has a tab for Port Selection, which isn't on the P2..

I also was given a link from Aussie Christmas to http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ which is a E1.31 test software.  Again, with this new software, the lights can be activated through unicast but nothing happens in multicast.

You said that you NIC is set to 10.10.10.50. Correct?

And your J1sys is set to 10.10.10.10.. Correct?

Try setting the J1sys to 10.10.10.60 and see what happens.

He can talk to it with xLights! He just can't get LOR to talk to it. We tried all the obvious things but nothing seems to work, again, from LOR

Have you gone into the LOR network config and double checked that universe 1 is set to multicast? It should look exactly like the screenshot below.......

Network%20config.JPG

Hi Andy,

I cannot get the P-2 to respond in multicast, whether it is LOR, XLights or the test software from "da share" (link previously provided above)

However, when I set XLights and "da share" to unicast, the lights work using each of the test sequencing and in XLights, the test sequence that I created in LOR and imported to XLights also works (in xlights)

Trust me, I have watched your videos numerous times, to the point I think I know you personally.........LOL