Light-O-Rama Forums

Tone Visualization?

CovertRain

This might be a really dumb question but is there any software that works with S3 that analyzes the tone (notes) from the music and creates a visualization of the note on a keyboard or anything?  I have software like that for my guitar but it would be cool if while I was sequencing I could see notes playing and attribute that to a specific channel.

Maybe there is a way to do this easy within the existing software but I am putting up my first Christmas display and still in major learning mode.

P.S.  I thought I remembered someone posting a link to some free software that makes it easier to create visualizations, macros and such.  I thought that was an option as well.  The only thing I remember is that the person who puts the software out there makes it expire each year so you have to download the next version.

Maybe I am completely remembering it wrong.  LOL.

Edited by CovertRain
  • Like 1

CovertRain, try giving "SpEx" (developed by 'ItsMeBobO' - search for his posts for more info) a try. Find all his downloads here: http://itsmebob.com/SD.html).

In my sequence to "Light of Christmas", I used 3 of the applications he has developed to help create the effects seen on my arches and minitrees: "Vegomatic", "Clipboard Flipper" and the aforementioned "SpEx" to create the 'equalizer'-type effect. Very cool and helpful tools...

Thank you.  I just have a 16 channel setup with LED lights so hopefully this won't be a big deal.

P.S.  Awesome display!!!

Edited by CovertRain

You mean "16 channel... so far". It'll get worse.

True.  I am trying to find a 16 Channel Dueling Banjo song or sequence one more.  This is the only program I could find that would help me sequence a song that difficult.  LOL.

Hi  CovertRain  

Thanks for your interest in SpEx.    SpEx will work well on a song like this.   As a demo I have already isolated all the pick notes for the Navy Dueling Banjos song.  

I hope you dont mind me posting it here.  Not trying derail your work or anything,  but I had done exactly what you are looking for already and I have no reason to keep it to myself. 

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2014/BobODuelingBanjosPickNotes.lms

This has 6 channels on one side and 8 on the other leaving 2 channels empty.  The entire end half is empty as well since the picks are combined with other instruments.

Thanks for the plug  blbeattie !

Edited by ItsMeBobO