Light-O-Rama Forums

Yucipia California I want to know who is the Master mind of this.

Box on Rails

I live like 10 miles away from this place and I really would like to talk to someone involved it putting this on. I am starting a movement in my neighborhood to do the same thing. I have many questions on How to make it work for us. Please PM me or email me please. kwjure.sequences@gmail.com

Where is that supposed to be?

Also, is that real or a computer simulation?  Looks too clean or good to be real.

OK.  that's a good 45 minutes away for me, but might be worth the drive.  Have a sister-in-law in Banning so on the way...

Multiple people sent me that.  It does seem like a simulation.   Its impressive that a group of neighbors did this.  However.. all the houses have only eight channels and all always come on at the same time..  It can only tell there is a single controller.

FWIW... I heard the guy responsible for it is a HAM operator and is tying all the houses together via a HAM radio implementation of some kind. I didn't try to verify, but seemed like a reputable source.

I too thought it looked to blinky flashy.  They spent considerable time linking everything together, now they need to spend some more sequencing...

This really shouldn't be that difficult.

If every house has a wireless LOR transmitter.

Or even a CAT5 running from one house to the next to the next to the next...

Why do you doubt that this could be done?

I would love to do this.

I think there are 8 controllers shared on 16 houses all on unit one.  A cool idea but way over hyped as the execution is barely there.   Part of the appeal is the drone camera angle. 

I'm Going to drive up there next Tuesday on my day off to check it out for myself. I like the Idea of multi houses. All my neighbors want to get involved so I have a possible 6 house set up but I want to make all 6 use separate controllers so each house is a smaller show within the show. i have an idea on how to do it using the wireless Easy Light Linker. Any info you guys might share about using the Easy Light Linker would be appreciated. 

I guess thats an advantage to those neighborhoods where the houses are so close together your neighbor can hear you take a dump.

Ill stick with my neighbors being several hundred feet away lol

A cool idea but way over hyped as the execution is barely there.   Part of the appeal is the drone camera angle.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly. :-)

First I think it is grand that so many want to be involved. Second, if this is their first year, then the possibilities are endless and lets see what they do with it. How many of us could get our neighbors involved?

Though, I am with portcity. I like several hundred feet between me and the next house out here in the sticks.

I cant see how he could be using a Amateur Radio frequency. I would think that would be illegal. What say ye Jim?

A ham radio operator told me that the frequencies in some of the routers overlaps ham frequencies, specifically 2.412ghz. He said they are not just Part 15 but also part 97 of the fcc code so are in a ham range.

He set up a network here in colorado (different than this article) and basically connected linksys routers with ham radios and created a mesh network.

it is described here

We are still debating if this is shot by drone. Drones are just helicopters and they CANNOT stay this still. They constantly move/adjust. I was certain it was on a cell tower at first until he moved the shot at the very end. Our best guess is perhaps one of the motorized drone balloons- but there can be NO wind...

That shot can easily be done with one of the new quad copters. They have gps to stabilize them and add a gimble on top of that you get very stable images.

A ham radio operator told me that the frequencies in some of the routers overlaps ham frequencies, specifically 2.412ghz. He said they are not just Part 15 but also part 97 of the fcc code so are in a ham range.

He set up a network here in colorado (different than this article) and basically connected linksys routers with ham radios and created a mesh network.

it is described here

Thanks Steven, Have not been really active for the past 10 or so years. Back about 30 years ago my FIL and I would text back and forth over about 100 miles when telephones that would be a long distance call. We used what was back then known as Packet radio on 2 meters. The repeating nodes worked just like how this HSMM MESH works. Self awareness and would work out a path on their own. I ran a node and several other guys between me and FIL had nodes up.

Thanks for telling me about this form of Packet radio.

We are still debating if this is shot by drone. Drones are just helicopters and they CANNOT stay this still. They constantly move/adjust. I was certain it was on a cell tower at first until he moved the shot at the very end. Our best guess is perhaps one of the motorized drone balloons- but there can be NO wind...

The new drone's technology allow the drone to be so steady, the gimble system is made to be on horizontal position all the time even is the drone is in some angles plus the drone gps and new features, so it's possible.