Light-O-Rama Forums

"Light of Christmas" by Owl City and Toby Mac

blbeattie

I purchased the "Light of Christmas" 16 ccr sequence from Holidaysequences for my megatree and used ItsMeBobO's "SpEX" to help with the minitrees and arches.

One issue I'm having with some of my new songs is that the bass is so low that my outdoor speaker can really sound distorted.

http://vimeo.com/113816528

• Like 1

Wow!  awesome show!  How long do you keep it up because I'd love to come see you and get some insight on how you incorporate this all into LOR?  I absolutely love the mega-tree with the images!!

We'll probably run the show up to the 2nd weekend in January (just because I don't want to take it down New Years weekend). And we run the show nightly from just before sunset until about 10:15 weeknights, and 10:45 on weekends. I would be happy to share what I know and how I do things with you. Lord knows I owe it back to this (Light-o-Rama enthusiasts/forums) community.

Awesome display!!! my recommendation on the bass is an inline Equalizer for the amp supplying the outdoor speakers and turn down the low frequencies, or load the song into audacity and put an eq on the track that cuts the lower freq.

Thanks for all the kind words.

And thanks, BHunt! That sure seems like a lot of fancy words for this early in the morning! But let me get a couple of cups of coffee in me, put on my reading glasses, engage my smart person-to-me translator and give it another shot in a couple of minutes...

... Ok, I've come back to this and realize that I really do understand what you said! All good advice, but I think a good first step for me is to replace my "rock" speaker outside, which does not have very good low frequency response with a (maybe a couple) higher quality speaker which is rated for those low frequencies.

If that doesn't work, then I'll go about modifying the waveform. But those really low notes on these new songs is one thing I really like about them (and the message!).

Thanks again for the advice, BHunt. And as far as adding an equalizer, I am certainly not adverse to adding more electronics into this mess (just ask my wife)!

That is amazing great job!!!! the who show looks great. Thanks for sharing

Oh yeah and I agree with bhunt, I would just put it into Audacity and eq it from there.

• The topic was locked