Light-O-Rama Forums

Lag , losing signal?

joshua

I am using a usb 485 high speed dongle, running raw dmx, my 2 LOR units seem to be losing the signal during playback, the LED status light flashed, and the lights hang up , any suggestions as to why?

If memory serves, raw dmx put the processing of the DMX stuff onto your computer. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That said, how much DMX do you have in the display? With only two controllers in play, I'd be very surprised to see any lag from that that small of a network. If both controllers are G3 (green status light) and running at 500k with the new dongle, you shouldn't have any lag (at least in the LOR protocol part.)

Okay. Make sure you aren't using 500k. (I doubt you are, if you were they probably wouldn't work.)

The next troubleshooting step I'd take would be to run the LOR controllers by themselves, and then the DMX items by themselves. That would at least narrow down where any problem may be. 

How can I tell if I'm using 500k , I can't run the dmx by itself at this time, would require another dongle, and another cord out the window, I have an original LOR dongle , serial, With a usb adaptor suppose if I hooked that to the LOR and tried the high speed on dmx?

Is order to run 500k, your controller needs to be G3 and the adapter is the High Speed type....red in color.

You stated you are using a G2 and have older adapter which probably black in color. You can't run in 500K. Change your setting to 115K. But this applies if using LOR network. You said your running in DMX using LOR adapter. Your setup different in the network pref and speed is not an option in the setting. You would run in RawDMX and this uses your PC processor.

Hello All, similar issue and this topic seems to be the "cure" for my ills BUT I do have a few questions:

I am running an idmx to 105 channels via the iso adapter... there is mention of a g3 and the use of a 500k? Whats the G3?

In my case the issue may just be too many ccr's on one channel ... im running 7 on one and 12 on the other (all with 500k adapters)  then 105 dmx's on a third... maybe splitting the 12 on one two 2@6 would be a smart idea?