Light-O-Rama Forums

14" Globe

indi

I am using a 14" globe using two ccp controllers. The globe has not been showing what I sequenced. Controller (7) is used on the top half of the globe and (8) is used on the bottom half. Using the hardware utility I test OA and a few pixels light on the top half. When I test OB I have pixels come on in the top half and the bottom half. When I test OC a few pixels come on in the bottom half. I don't understand how pixels in both top and bottom come on while testing OB. I have re-set both controllers, both have the lastest firmware and I tested cat5 cables with w tester and they show good. Any suggestions on how to fix this. I also can't get thing out of the controllers try to run an exported sequence to the SE and I do had control lights checked. I am stumped.

Thanks

Sounds like you have it figured out. I'm guessing the issue was that you need to skip a unit ID between controllers. If the controller for the top half of the globe was assigned unit ID 0A, then assign unit ID 0C to the controller for the bottom half.

• 1 month later...

I think I figured out what I have been doing wrong all this time. Changed the controller ID's and I think my show will be right this year.

I first started out with 6 CCP controller on the same network as my 16 channel controllers. Seemed to work. Now that I've added more 16 channel controllers and move the CCP controllers to AUX. #1. The show on my pixel tree would work for the most part, but wasn't right. I had the CCP controller ID'S as ( controller #4, controller #5,#6,#7). I have now changed to (CCP controller #1, Channels 1,2, controller #2 ( ID, #3, channels 3,4) , I forgot that each controller would be using 2 controller ID's, so I had them over lapping. Now I think I will be right.