Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Video Question

godman

If I have a musical sequence that I want to add video too how do I do that? Can I ADD video to an existing musical Sequence?

I know how to edit the media file but I want to keep the music file and add the video, I already converted to WMV and I can play it as a new sequence but adding it to an existing sequence has got me stumped

Thanks!

If I understand you correctly you have a an exsisting sequence that you want to add your video to?  So when you open your sequnce and select Media File just select the Video that you want to play for that sequence.

I want to keep the existing media file (song) and then add the video,

I tried using power director to add the video to the Song and exported as WMF but there was no music when I importer into the sequence?

There are two ways to do this. You could make a new sequence starting with the video file and then copy the old sequence over. Or you will need a program to overlay the video. I use avs video editor. It save the vile as avi .

• 1 year later...

Wanted to resurrect this thread as I'll be using video for my July 4th show.

I like the idea of building my sequence with the audio, then creating a new sequence with just the video in it and then adding the original sequence over it. My question is how do you place the video exactly where you want it? My video will only be a small portion of the show. Is there a way to grab the video and drag and drop to where I need it to be? Another question...does the video have to be pre-edited and ready to go or can you modify the video in Sequence Editor?

Thanks!

In the Sequence Editor you usually use MP3 or WAV formatted files. What you need to do is combine your video and music using a video editor, (Cyberlink, Adobe, Final Cut, etc....) I use Sony Vegas. You would position the video track exactly over the music track where you want the video to play.

Export an MP4 file from the video editing software. Then you take the MP4 file and sequence that in the Sequence Editor. It would just be one song in your show.

You will need to use a video editor to put the audio track on the video. Sony Vegas is really good and the previous version is about $20.

Thanks again for the tips. I'll be trying this over the weekend, most likely. Will report back with progress.

Edited by not enuf fuses