Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert seq files from MP3 director show SD card back to lms?

Charlie Jarrell

If somebody lost their backup files, their lms files are apparently gone from the computer and all they have is their show from last year on a SD card that's used in the MP3 director can the seq files be converted back to lms to then be used in the sequence editor?

Thanks,

If somebody lost their backup files, their lms files are apparently gone from the computer and all they have is their show from last year on a SD card that's used in the MP3 director can the seq files be converted back to lms to then be used in the sequence editor?

Thanks,

.SEQ files can not be converted into a format usable by the sequence editor.

• 3 years later...
20 minutes ago, debra said:

Were you ever able to convert your seq files back to lms?  Same thing happened to me.  My hard drive crashed and all I have is my sd card from showtime central.

This is still not possible.

Once it's written to the .SEQ format, the SEQ format can not be converted back.

48 minutes ago, debra said:

Thank you for your response.  Guess I will hold on to this sd card for future shows, and build another sd card for next year.  Had 30 sequences on it....  Happy New Year!

30 is a bunch of sequences. If you haven’t changed your yard layout from then, you could use that SD card on odd days and the new one you’re working on for the even days. Or visavera for your preference. 

• 10 months later...

Has anyone thought or attempted to write a reverse compiler for the seq files?  I know I have several test files and maintenance sequence files on SD cards and it would be handy to at least be able to get the original .LMS or .LAS filenames to go back to.

The LMS files are a bit easier to deal with because you can simply play the associated .MP3 and know what you have.  The .LAS files don't have that option available.

Just a thought...

4 minutes ago, keyboards said:

Has anyone thought or attempted to write a reverse compiler for the seq files?  I know I have several test files and maintenance sequence files on SD cards and it would be handy to at least be able to get the original .LMS or .LAS filenames to go back to.

The LMS files are a bit easier to deal with because you can simply play the associated .MP3 and know what you have.  The .LAS files don't have that option available.

Just a thought...

a) LOR hasn't come out with one in 14+ years.
b) I'd suspect any reverse compiler would violate some sort of the EULA. If you found someone to do it, I wouldn't advertise it here.

4 hours ago, keyboards said:

It would very likely be impossible.  I'm going to use a math analogy.  The problem is that the .seq file has the answers to the test.  There are an infinite number of math problems that can give that answer.  Therefore, no way to know which one is the correct question.  The .lms or .las has the questions to the test.

Make sense?

Backup, Backup your files on the computer to a thumb drive after all changes to your show because you will lose them if you don't. The hard drive will fail and you just don't know when it will happen.

16 minutes ago, DougP said:

Backup, Backup your files on the computer to a thumb drive after all changes to your show because you will lose them if you don't. The hard drive will fail and you just don't know when it will happen.

We preach this year after year that you should backup your files to at least three different sources that are not on your computer.

Why waste all that effort and hundreds of hours creating your sequences just to have one mishap wash all that away.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

We preach this year after year that you should backup your files to at least three different sources that are not on your computer.

Why waste all that effort and hundreds of hours creating your sequences just to have one mishap wash all that away.

Yep, I worked in IT for 20 years and we had a saying that we used. "BACKUP,  BACKUP,  BACKUP"  If you don't you will regret it. People still didn't listen. A computer is like a disaster that's going to happen, you just don't know when.

• Like 1

Backups are probably my biggest concern when I'm programming.  When I''m through with a session, all the files on the laptop are copied to my server and the server gets backed up every night.  This includes everything that has been created or modified since the last backup (including the .SEQ files from SD cards). When I'm through with the project, everything gets archived to a USB Project drive and stored for safe-keeping.

But with all the .SEQ files sitting there in folders, you can see why I asked the question about being able to read from the seq files...

On 11/19/2018 at 4:45 AM, DougP said:

Yep, I worked in IT for 20 years and we had a saying that we used. "BACKUP,  BACKUP,  BACKUP"  If you don't you will regret it. People still didn't listen. A computer is like a disaster that's going to happen, you just don't know when.

I’ll add one to that.  Backup, Backup, & Off-Site Backup.  A burglary, fire, or other disaster can take out your backups if they are in the same location as the primary.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked