Light-O-Rama Forums

Timings and Music out of sync on Play range - Visible

JayZ

I just started using LOR, using sequence editor v3.12.0.

The sequence works great when I play the entire sequence, but when I switch my play range to visible, the timings are out of sync with the music by about 1 second.  When i switch my play range back to entire sequence, it works fine.  Very difficult to create the sequences when I have to play the entire song from the start.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Jay

The most common answer to this one is that your mp3 music file is using variable bit rate.  Get a copy of Audacity and let it change it to a constant bit rate file (either .wav or .mp3).  Some people have reported needing to do that twice (does not make sense to me, but that's what has been reported).

Also check to see if you have "Use Internal Media" checked in the SE > EDIT menu.

This can do a fine job of stabilizing variable bitrate audio files for sequencing.

• 9 months later...

I realize that this thread is a little older, but I am having pretty close to the same issue. I purchased a YCM version of TSO Christmas Eve and purchased the mp3 file from Amazon using the link provided. Certainly it should be working properly, but isn't. I am modifing a section to create a chase and it seems as though every time I preview that section or even the whole sequence, the timings are becoming more and more off. I checked the properties of the mp3 file and the bit rate is 270kbps and it says the type of file is "MP3 Format Sound (.mp3)". Am I doing something wrong?

Great! I will try that tonight. Since I already paired the audio file to the sequence will I have to change the audio file or will it change on its own after I change the bit rate? 

• 5 months later...