Light-O-Rama Forums

Show errors

BryanV1

I attempted to run my show for the first time last night and had several problems.  When I build the show with the "sequences are loaded when they are needed" option two of my larger sequences do not play.  When I look at the status window the errors are "cannot load compressed sequence... cannot allocate memory for event table"  followed by second attempt to load the file then "DMX Listener error 3: Comm winsock error /10054 The connection is reset by remote side".  It attempts to load the file 3 times over 2 mins then moves on to the next song.  If I attempt to load the show with the "Sequences are loaded before they are played" option it is unable to load 3 of my songs (one more than the other option handled) with the same "Cannot allocate memory for the event table".  The .lcs filed for the two songs in my show that never load are 347 MB and 292 MB and the one that will not load when the load before playing option is selected is 170 MB.  I have 64 channels of LOR and 2010 DMX channels on 15 Universes and I know others have larger setups.  Does anyone have any ideas other than waiting for LOR 4 to be released?

Have you tried the 4GB memory patch yet? If, not, do it. Patch both the SE and LORmonitor.exe. Both are located in the program files directory, LOR subdirectory and note that each time you upgrade to a newer version of LOR, you must re-patch again.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Edited by dgrant

Thanks, I did not realize that you needed the 4GB patch on the LORmonitor.exe.   Once I did that the sequences loaded but now my RGB lights flicker noticably when they should be on steady.  Any Idea what is causing that?

I saw that too...so I changed the option in the show editor to Load BEFORE they are needed. It may delay the opening, time-wise to do this...mine takes about 30  seconds to load into memory, but the strange behaviors went away

Mine were working on load when needed and then all of a sudden, my pixel tree was messing up. Changed to load before and the issues went away....It might be an LOR memory management issue in their software.