Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Configuration Help

smithmeus

Need help to understand how to configure Cosmic Color Bulbs to work in the sequence editors. I had someone else tell me there is a post somewhere in the forums that explains it, but I've searched and can't find it. What I have are 7 CCB controllers that we want to put together into a flat tree (12 strands of 50 in a triangle and 2 strands in a five level star). I've been able to piece together that I need to set two ids in the controller to manipulate each strand, create the tree in the visualizer first, then import into superstar, but I'm missing where the channels get assigned and how many channels should be assigned. For example, running through the tutorial, I created a string of lights and assigned a red, green, blue, white channel to the string, but that seems as though it would be driving a 16 channel controller with 4 strings of dumb lights not 50 bulbs. I looked at the tree and globe sample and it looks like I need to create some fixtures, but I'm missing something.

If there is a post in the forums on how to do this, please point me to it.

Try this video:   www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFyXGDpN42k

I don't think you need to assign the colors to the prop when using pixels or CCB's. But you do have to assign the controller and channel.

• Like 1

Try this video:   www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFyXGDpN42k

I don't think you need to assign the colors to the prop when using pixels or CCB's. But you do have to assign the controller and channel.

Thank you for the link. I'll admit, I did try to watch this late last night and fell asleep before getting to the end. The answer I was looking for was at the end :-(

Now I have a problem. This maybe long, but I want to give as much information so I can get an answer.

I started out with 3 ea 16 channel controllers, and 6 CCP controllers. First year they where all on the regular channel. They where numbered controllers  16 channel 1-3. CCP controllers 4-9. Then I got 2 more CCP controller to make a globe and they where numbers: Aux OB-OC. Had a few problems because I didn't have the right cat5 cables.

I am running the CCP controllers in duel mode. My prop for the pixel tree channels are controllers are configured: controller 4 Channels (1-2) controller 5 channels (3-4) etc. all the way to controller 7 OE. The last CCP controller channels are (OF-10).

I have added more 16 channel controllers, so I changed my CCP controllers to Aux. So I have all the CCP controller on the Aux network.

Last night I changed my prop channel configuration to Aux. Now, I need the use the Hardware utility to change the controller number from (controller 4 to controller 1 etc) as I said they all will be on a Aux network. My question is do I just go in the utility and set the new controller ID to 1 and then do the remaining controllers they same way. Or do I leave the controller ID's as they are. But the hardware will only find 7 of my controllers. And they do have the latest firmware (except for the controller than the utility didn't see.

I am going to reset the controllers tomorrow as I have one strand that stay on as long as there is power on. All my controller are new than 2012. I do have Advanced and 24 CCP licenses. 

Sorry for being so long winded.

I forgot to mention in the above post. That after I changed the prop configuration, I imported the new prop into SuperStar and ran a test on each sequence to make sure they worked, then exported them to the sequence editor and re installed the exported sequence in the my regular sequence.

No need to change the controller IDs at all unless you don't have an advanced level license. No need to use the low numbers. Just change your config to put the CCPs to the AuxA network and physically move them there. From day one I have used higher numbers on my aux networks. My original seven controllers are 02 - 08 (used to be a 01), the controller on AuxA is 11, and the CCPs are 21 - 26.

Thanks for the help. One other thing. I was looking in the CCP manual on re setting the controllers, It state that if I push the re set button while the power is on it will activate Trigger 3. I can't find anywhere what Trigger 3 is. Does anyone know.

Thanks

• The topic was locked