Light-O-Rama Forums

This is how I end my show each night

dvc92

I like the anouncements at the beginning and end. The song (for me) is out of character for my taste but still good job.

I like the anouncements at the beginning and end. The song (for me) is out of character for my taste but still good job.

The announcements are from thedementedelf.com. I have using him for several years.

Edited by dvc92

The announcements are from I have been using him for a few years.

Are from? Read you post please. :)

I presume Demented Elf?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the beginning and the ending... I am  newbie and someday I plan on having announcements at the beginning and ending of mine also. This was my First LOR Christmas and I opened my show with THX went into manger 6 and closed it just with A Soldiers Silent Night.. 

opening 

then went to 

and closed with 

Kevin does a great job.  I'm also a very satisfied customer.  I had him do a "Christmas monster" voice about four years ago asking people to turn down their headlights that continues to be very effective.

George. I used to end my show with Eclipse. Since I added the singing faces I have yet to sequence them so It has been on the back burner for 2 years. Your video has motivated me to finish Eclipse this year with my ultimate  Pink Floyd tribute would be to sequence the entire Dark Side of the Moon. That would be the way to end a show.  B)

• 3 months later...

My show starts with the thx spliced into just over a minute of singing trees doing I've Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas.    I would LOVE to end it with We Bid You Goodnight by The Grateful Dead.  Neither song is "Christmas" but it is more the message than anything

Edited by Paul L Johnson

I have used a 15 minute song sequence every year since getting into LOR in 2006.  The last song has always been Wizards.  The shutdown sequence starts around 9:45 with a voice announcement "the show this year will run every night from 5 until 10 through January 1st".  It repeats again just before Wizards.  After Wizards ends, the entire display fades up and an announcement says "It's just about 10 o'clock and that means the show is over for tonight.  The show starts every night at 5 o'clock.  We invite you to stop by again".  During the voice announcement I fade out blocks of lights until the entire display is off at the end of the voice message.  Then all the headlights come on and everybody goes home. 

• 4 weeks later...
I like your current matrix show, but I still just really like an all light show too. This was great the way you had it then. Was this for you or Terry or both? I went to their concert in the 70's and just love it. George said can't do Styx. I think you did...

Mega- this was a couple years back before we got the matrix..I just LOVE that song and thought it would be a cool light show...so I did this for after Christmas along with Boston, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry  :-)  This year- its insane with 15 other houses that Im sequencing lights...cant wait to see what that looks like!

• Like 1

I put my songs in random mode every night so I never know what will be the order or last song of the show and neither the neighbors... ;)

• The topic was locked