Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Updates: Will we get them soon?

Ron Boyd

Looks like on SS update to 60.  Not much new in sequencer.  A little disappointing to have an update to 3.12.2 with no mention of a major upgrade. Whatever happened to regular updates along the way as promised?

Looks like on SS update to 60. Not much new in sequencer. A little disappointing to have an update to 3.12.2 with no mention of a major upgrade. Whatever happened to regular updates along the way as promised?

If you go back and look most major updates recently have been more about Superstar than S3...unfortunately.

Guys come on. You do remember that the software is getting ported to, what was it ".net"? That is a major deal and we were told that. I didn't start this thread to start bashing anybody. It was just a question. Since no updates, I already have 2 sequences complete for 2015 using what we have now. Just like I did last year.

It's just January.

Also, this is not a thread for xLights. If you want to ask folks to take a look at it, start a new thread. xLights is not part of S3, yet. I'm asking about Light-O-Rama.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Guys come on. You do remember that the software is getting ported to, what was it ".net"? That is a major deal and we were told that. I didn't start this thread to start bashing anybody. It was just a question. Since no updates, I already have 2 sequences complete for 2015 using what we have now. Just like I did last year. It's just January. Also, this is not a thread for xLights. If you want to ask folks to take a look at it, start a new thread. xLights is not part of S3, yet. I'm asking about Light-O-Rama.

Trust me... I am not meaning to bash LOR. Love the software and as mentioned before can sequence fast with it now because of my knowledge of the program. *I* have never really had a problem with support.  I just know that with the crash and slow issues I have had this season with S3, *it* is due a upgrade.  

I have all my old sequences ported over to the new channel files. I love LOR and have been very please with them threw many years of doing shows. I will add the new roof design in the shows and see how it works. If it bogs I will switch asap to keep the show running this year. My pixel count went way up so I am a little scared. Push come to shove I will fire up the incands and wire them up.

I really don't see the issue of them (LOR) updating us as we move forward. Heck just once a month would suit me. My plans are in place and my fall back will be ready if LOR can not run my show dues to size.

WOW..........Seems the more I read the more confused I get, I'm getting ready to order pixels for a 32x50 mega tree I 'm planning on a 360 tree and I thought SS would handle it. but the vendor said SS couldn't do that many pixels and what I'm reading here seems to back that up. I really want to stay with LOR & SS but he said maybe use NC.

If my math is correct that is 4800 channels.............So could SS handle that or not??

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong thread.

Thanks in advance for any input

If I understand your question correctly...........SS would be $399 for 9000 channels so I assume it would be $0.04 per channel  and I thought NC was freeware

But you can't program NC to do certain effects exactly when you want them to occur like you could in SS. I THINK??

Edited by gmac

Has anyone done a cost comparison per channel between the 60 CCR version of SS and Nutcracker?

Yes george superstar is over priced, it did get a cut in price last week or 2 weeks ago, but still over priced. While I like nutcracker I get annoyed to see a Video with yet another pixel tree sequence with nutcracker effects that was probably thrown together in less then an hour. I use it sparingly, just my .02. We'll see how much nutcracker 4 improves on that problem

• Like 1

Has anyone done a cost comparison per channel between the 60 CCR version of SS and Nutcracker?

To those of us that use SS to do sequences, this is a moot point.

Also, I asked just a few posts above, If you want to speak of Nutcracker, start your own thread. This thread is concerning LOR. I know I posted earlier about NC, but It"s getting old. If you want to use NC, more power to you. I won't say anything negative.

I choose LOR and Superstar, and that's why I started this thread.

• Like 1