Light-O-Rama Forums

Change a whole row's "activity" without re doing it?

carsonsig

Ok, so say I have a whole row, or group of rows...., and there are fades, and chase elements lots of built stuff.  All of it one way of control.. all "on" or all "twinkle"  is there a way to change the type of activity, by selecting a row, and telling LOR, please change this all to "twinkle without re doing it all?

I have tried every way of clicking, holding alt or ctrl  etc... all the windows stuff... but nothing did it.. am I missing something?

You can use foreground and background tools which may achieve what you want. If you were to use the foreground tool on an area, it would take any cell (or part of a cell) that has *anything* in it (on, fade, etc.) and change it to a twinkle. (If that's what you wanted, of course.) You could also change it all to a shimmer, or even just an "On"

ah!  cool thanks!  I have played with that before... but I was trying to to a fade twinkle with it, and it wouldnt do it... so I abandoned it.  I now see that a fade with shimmer or twinkle is done in custom... not foreground.. !

Don,

Does that work for intensity too?

In what way? A foreground tool will replace *anything* that has *any* event in it with the newly selected event. So if you have on, fades, shimmers, and you do a foreground custom 50% shimmer, then everything on that row (or selected area) would change to custom 50% shimmer.

Don,

My question wasn't real clear when I re-read it. Sorry.

I was watching my show last night and I see some songs that my new arches are just too bright. They kind of overpower other props. Don't want to loose their current assigned activities, but maybe turn them down 20%.

I guess that will give me something to do for next year, if I keep those songs.

As everyone says, we're our own worst critic. I mentioned it to my wife and she had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, just joined your newsletter, but after your email went out today. Any chance you resend them to late signups?

Thanks for all you do for everyone.

- Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

In what way? A foreground tool will replace *anything* that has *any* event in it with the newly selected event. So if you have on, fades, shimmers, and you do a foreground custom 50% shimmer, then everything on that row (or selected area) would change to custom 50% shimmer.

Maybe I am misunderstanding too...I want to select a whole row (3 rows of DMX RGB) and set the intensity for any event in those rows to say 80%. But when I try it (either with Background or Foreground Effects button selected) the whole row changes (with or without events in the cells)...and not what I want it to do. And I could swear the other day on the sequencer I saw an intensity button (3 bars) with the lettering DMX over it!!!  LOL I'm going crazy, I know...

Not so crazy...just found it..had to enable DMX editing under Preferences...but still can't seem to get it to work...

Edited by jimswinder

Don,

My question wasn't real clear when I re-read it. Sorry.

I was watching my show last night and I see some songs that my new arches are just too bright. They kind of overpower other props. Don't want to loose their current assigned activities, but maybe turn them down 20%.

I guess that will give me something to do for next year, if I keep those songs.

As everyone says, we're our own worst critic. I mentioned it to my wife and she had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, just joined your newsletter, but after your email went out today. Any chance you resend them to late signups?

Thanks for all you do for everyone.

- Daniel

I did this using foreground or background, can't remember to change the intensity of my Icicle lights on all my sequences a couple days after we went live and kept thinking they were too bright, I just kept trying different things until it worked. That's when the undo button works wonders. Hope I can remember how to do it once next years sequencing starts lol

No way with Sequence Editor to do it that I know of.  You can do it by manually editing the .lms file using something like Notepad.  You really need to know what you are doing, be very careful, and KEEP THE ORIGINAL FILE so WHEN (not IF) you corrupt the file, you can go back to a working version.