Light-O-Rama Forums

The part I forget about until the first night.

ItsMeBobO

I got that with my Halloween show (first show ever)

I keep a picture of a sequence in my phone....and tell them every square is a light coming on or off, they usually say "holy crap, thats over my head"

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new one this week.   A mother and daughter were on my miip website which shows the playlist and which song is playing now.. but they said they cant hear the music coming from the smart phone.  

To "Turn on your car radio" they replied, "OH" ! 

I find it so incredibly ironic that smart phones are responsible for so much of the dumbing down of America.

• Like 1

Got a new one this week.   A mother and daughter were on my miip website which shows the playlist and which song is playing now.. but they said they cant hear the music coming from the smart phone.  

To "Turn on your car radio" they replied, "OH"

Had a couple of guys trying to find an App to play the FM station cause they didn't have a radio in their car.. Took me awhile to explain after they told me why they were holding up traffic..

I was asked last night how I worked with the radio station to synchronize the lights.

The station that I use is has the last two digits switched from a real station in the area. For years that station was known as "The Christmas Station." I had a handful of people asking how I got that station to go along with my display. When I pointed out the actual frequency, they realized what was going on.

I was asked last night how I worked with the radio station to synchronize the lights.

I get that several times a season too...

Yep, got that one too.  I am using the FM frequency for a major FM station in San Diego - 105 miles away.  I had a lady trying to explain to someone she was talking to on the phone that I had gotten an FM station in San Diego to transmit the music for me.  I had to correct her.  Good grief - Can't even hear the San Diego station at my house.  Duh, that's why I'm using it!

• Like 1

There are lots of people who have no clue about how it all works. Yes, some ask a question or two but most are just there to look and listen. I've gotten a couple of questions though on specifically on how to make it work, can I come back and talk to you, what all is involved to make it work and how hard is it? I tell most that its easier to do than you might think but its not cheap either and that I'm more than happy to help them get started.

MEGA... :)  I think I just let some P%^ out !!! LMAO !

Greg

you just can't make this stuff up - huh?
unbelievable folks out there.

I mean - some folks are "out there"...

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Unbelievable to me what just happened.   Some family from down the street walked over and brought a blaring boom box.  He had the wrong station loud a$s loud and said the lights didnt look right.  I told him he had the wrong station and he didn't want to believe me.  When I asked him to turn it off he was UNABLE for what seemed like a minute.  He could not find either the volume or the tuning knob while six of us stood there and waited waited waited.  He was clearly missing a few brain cells.