Light-O-Rama Forums

12 ccr tree "kit" from coro- cant get lor to recognize

devmar

I bought a ccr kit from holidaycoro and i cant seem to get started.  I have to lor 16 channel controllers and kind of was under the impression that the pixlite 16 was plug and play.  the only way I can get my computer to recognize the controller is to hook into the eithernet port instead of the usb485 and then set ip.  dont know what to do the get it to rub with lor.  Please help!! Its Nov 29!

Pixel lite is E1.31 not LOR.  You need to hook it up through the Ethernet port on your computer.  configure LOR for E1.31 along with your other LOR controller(s). the USB 485 is for LOR devices ONLY.  You will end up with at least 2 networks. You will have 2 Cat 5 cables from your computer to your devices  DO NOT GET THEM CROSSED UP!

I, too, went throught these same struggles setting up my HC 16 string "kit" up and running it for the 1st time this year. I found it was easiest to use the PixLite 16 plugged directly into the ethernet port on my laptop with default ip address from the controller rather than through my network. I am using 3 purchased sequences from HolidaySequences.com and it took me several hours to set up the changes in the channel confuguration. I wound up using a single universe for each strip with 150 inputs per univere. I'm sure there is an easier way to cut and paste inputs, but as a 2nd year LOR user I just don't have that kind of knowledge. Instead, I went through the arduous process of keying in 2400 individual channel assigments for each of the 3 songs. I'm eye weary and tired, but the results are amazing and very gratifying.

I wound up using a single universe for each strip with 150 inputs per univere. I'm sure there is an easier way to cut and paste inputs, but as a 2nd year LOR user I just don't have that kind of knowledge. Instead, I went through the arduous process of keying in 2400 individual channel assigments for each of the 3 songs.

Creating 16 universes, one for each strip is the right way to do it with the HC kit.  However, the Vegomatic tool would have generated the 2400 channels in a few seconds and merged them into your existing channel configuration.  Get to know that tool before next season...it will literally save you hours if you need to add and or change RGB channels in the future.  Just search for Vegomatic.

• Like 1

"Just thought I'd point out that you didn't purchase 16 CCR's. You purchased 12 RGB smart strips."

Not sure how this lesson in branding helps the OP. He stated it was purchased from HolidayCoro and not LOR and that it comes with a PixLite 16 controller. Anybody here on the forums with the knowledge and ability to assist with the OP's need already knows how fill in the blanks to translate newbie lingo from the question being asked. When HC markets and sells it as a "CCR" Pixel MegaTree kit, noobs like us are gonna call it a CCR. It's a Q-tip vs cotton swab argument and comes across as rather exclusionary.

• Like 1

Lets make this clear about the communication for the OP. E1. 31 is TCPIP communication over internet type protocol. It is not LOR's RS485 buss. Connecting a E1.31 device to LOR's buss will or could damage either the computer, the E1.31 controller or both! They are not the same even though they use the same type of cable in this case.

thanks for the replys!  ok so i have used all the vids on HC to get as far as testing the lights through lor.  I have the controller hooked directly through the eithernet port and have succesfully tested them with xlights.  My universe set up was a little diff than suggested.  Because the kit came assembled with outputs 1-6 and 9-14 wired my universe setup is as follows. U1 ports 1,2,3  channels 1-450(three strips) U2 ports 4,5,6  channels 1-450  U3 ports 7,8 (not used) channels 1-300  then the same down the other side with universes 4,5,6.

I only have the pixlite 16 hooked into the computer.  I don't have the two LOR controllers hooked up.  I am just trying to get this working.  What I am not clear on is whenI do get it working, will I have the eithernet and the usb485 running the show or will i have just eithernet with a switch or something.

tried to follow HC vid for setting up in lor and did everything shown.  network setting with all six universes and channel config with all channels(vid suggests this is the long way but was just following and trying to get it to work.  Dont know what to do next.  My computer is talking to the card.  Please help

If I understand your recent post, you have the pixels working with just the Pixlite attached to your show PC.  When you are running your sequences using both the Pixlite and your LOR controllers, you will be using your Pixlite as it is set up now and the LOR controllers, and any other LOR proprietary products, through the USB485.  Your PC runs the show. 

If you were using more than one Pixlite controller, or any other type of TCP IP controller, then you would use a switch in one Ethernet port and the USB 485 in another Ethernet port.  From the switch you would have your multiple Pixelites connected and you would have to manually set the IP addresses.  You aren't at this point, so this is just FYI.

Hope this helps.   Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

To run with LOR, if you have sequenced regular LOR controllers in the sequence, you MUST have the LOR USB/RS485 adapter plugged into the computer. Also, you must turn on the LOR Control panel. It'll show a red bulb, since no show is scheduled but the control panel will launch the LOR listener program on the taskbar which is what talks to the pixel controller. If that listener program isn't there, it won't talk. Also, insure you don't have the xLights program running too as you'll get some weird looking flickering going on.

Did you configure the SE's, EDIT, Preferences, Network Preferences tab for the pixel controller?

Edited by dgrant

Did you set up your LOR network in the sequence editor under the edit > preferences > network tab? Do you have a LOR controller up and running? Is the light bulb in your system tray blue? I had all of these done when firing up mine for the 1st time. I can't promise that they are all necessary functions, but mine worked right away under these circumstances.

listener is open and says e1.31 universes 1-6 open but cant get to play.  in channel config I have 450 channels for universes.  Still wont play.  Im not trying to play a purchased sequence yet.  I undersatnd that I will have to figure out the channel config for that but I am not there yet. New sequence wont play

• 3 weeks later...

Hi any help anyone can provide me would be great
I purchased the same kit, but I can only seem to get 2 strips to work in Xlights.   Can anyone provide some suggestion on what to look at with my Xlights set up, or my model of my tree in Xlights?

Thanks!