Light-O-Rama Forums

Exending Time doesn't extend play (.lms)

rhino

There are a couple of my sequences that end pretty much at the end of the "song" -- no dead period at the end of the song.

Because of this, the next song comes on pretty quickly.

I expected to "Change Total Time" to add several seconds to the sequence, and give some space between the songs.  Well, "Change Total Time" worked, but the sequence doesn't play the added several seconds.  It's ending as soon as it gets to the end of the media file?

Is this right?  How does one add a few dead seconds to the end of a sequence in order to give space between songs?

You need to edit the audio file. You cannot extend time of a musical sequence by simply adding time to the sequence within the editor.

So to expand on this. It was late, I was trying to post from my phone, which caused the triple post. Usually I would mention it was a double post, but I was tired. Sorry.

Just out of curiosity:  If it doesn't actually add any playable time to the sequence, what is the point of having this feature?  The help section says that you can change the duration of the track by using this feature, so if it still won't play past the original audio track, it seems usless.

There are times in an animation sequence (not musical) that you want to extend the time. For those situations, it is very useful.