Light-O-Rama Forums

broadcasting music on fm transmitter

Mkymouse99

I need some help. I got my fm transmitter in today. Working just fine and broadcasting on 95.9 FM .. only problem.. I dont' know how to get my playlist of mp3s that I'm broadcasting to stop on its own whenever my LOR shows start. Any suggestions??

I just use the scheduled tasks which should already be on your computer it works great, I only have about a 30 second between just music and show.

greg

How do you get the playlist to load up automatically in media player. I can get the media player to run when I schedule it but don't know how to get the music to start playing on its own. Also, my show runs on the top of every hour, lasting 21 minutes, then steady on for the rest of the hour. Do you know how I can get the scheduler set so that the media player starts at 6:22- 7:00, 7:22- 8:00, etc. ?

I know that you can get Windows Media Player to start (along with any program) using the Task Scheduler. However, I was not aware that you could get it to play a specific playlist.

That is a toughie! I am looking around for an answer, though.

I am at work now and not in front of my computer but if I remember correctly this was a stumper for me also. What I did is create a playlist and save that playlist (I am not sure of the file extension maybe something like m3u). In the scheduler instead of having it start up the media player, have it open the playlist that should work. I will update this post later tonight when I am in front of my computer and can walk through the steps myself. Hope this helps

greg

When you schedule the task for Media Player to launch include the path to the playlist after the executable. Example - in the "Run" box I have :

C:Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmplayer.exe "C:Christmas.wpl"

Depending on your OS the path may be different but the important part is the portion in quotes.

Todd