Light-O-Rama Forums

Clipboard longer than 8 seconds?

k6ccc

Am I missing something? I can't find any way to select more than 8 seconds (one screen full) for a copy & paste operation. Is there a way to copy more than one screenfull at a time?

Jim,

Select what you want off the current screen

Then scroll over a little ..

Hold the CTRL-KEY and select the additional effects ...

Repeat as needed to get all you want .. then copy and paste ..

Bob

OK, that does work, but kind of a pain to grab hundreds of effects that way like you can during the 8 seconds...

Thanks Bob

Jim,

I replied pretty quick last night so let me clarify..

Say you select a group of effects from a screen

Click the "Fast Forward" button which advances you 8 seconds.

Hold the "Control Key" and click and drag to select the entire page or a specific group or just a single effect ..

You can of course continue this for as long as you need .. If you miss holding the control key you will of course restart the selection process (I hate when I do that ..)

If while holding the Control Key you grab an effect you dont want .. just click it and it unselects just that effect and leaves everything else you have selected.

I may be off base.... but I interpreted your last reply as you had all the effects from the first 8 second page selected,  then where grabbing individual effects on the next page and that was a pain and wanted to grab whole blocks or groups like you originally did.

Bob

Edited by bob_moody

Bob,

You understood my reply correctly. I was having a brain fade I guess. Since you could not drag across the edge of the screen, I was for whatever reason assuming you could not drag after moving 8 seconds. My bad. Blame that brain fade on too many late nights of sequencing resulting in way too little sleep!

It works as you described. So it was as I said in my first line of my original post - I was missing something...

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Glad I could help. I replied again because in another post I thought i was answering a real simple question but it turned out he was asking for ingredients to apple pie and told him screwdrivers...

Edited by bob_moody