Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter

Gilles

So, my WholeHome transmitter quitted after one test. Which Ramsey or EDM transmitter is good for our purpose ? I parked my car 10ft away from WH transmitter and barely heard the music. I don't want this to happen.

Your experience with the Whole Room transmitter mirrors the overwhelming majority of people's experiences.  It's easily the most-criticized product in this hobby and worst transmitter choice on the market - by far.  Sorry to see you wasted your money.

Go to Amazon and search for CZH-05B.  You should be able to get one for around 60 bucks.  I don't know what hoops you have to jump through to get one shipped to Canada, but make sure you buy from someone who has them in stock for immediate shipping.  If possible, and this late in the season it might not be, get one with the rubber ducky antenna rather than the telescoping one.

Good luck.  You're gonna love the CZH-05B.

I use the Ramsey FM25B.  Beware of the lesser models from Ramsey, in the past, many people complained of station drift.  I understand the EDMs are great; don't know if this is still true, but initially, the EDMs were shipped from South Africa which accounts for the slow shipping.  Don't know if they have a warehouse in the states now or not.

Your experience with the Whole Room transmitter mirrors the overwhelming majority of people's experiences. It's easily the most-criticized product in this hobby and worst transmitter choice on the market - by far. Sorry to see you wasted your money.

Go to Amazon and search for CZH-05B. You should be able to get one for around 60 bucks. I don't know what hoops you have to jump through to get one shipped to Canada, but make sure you buy from someone who has them in stock for immediate shipping. If possible, and this late in the season it might not be, get one with the rubber ducky antenna rather than the telescoping one.

Good luck. You're gonna love the CZH-05B.

I ordered one of these direct from Amazon Canada. Arrived in 4 days. Initial tests have been good, good range on low power. I would suggest this as well.

Getting the volume set with no distortion took a few minutes that's about it.

• 8 months later...

I just connected my AX-05B FM transmitter and it doesn't transmit 10 feet. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a piece of crap? When I ordered it I thought I was getting the CZE-05B from recomendations I saw on the forums. I already sent a return request to Amazon, hopefully the problem wasn't something I did wrong. This is my first year with an animated show and I'm hoping it goes off without a hitch. No music would definately be a hitch.

I just connected my AX-05B FM transmitter and it doesn't transmit 10 feet. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a piece of crap? When I ordered it I thought I was getting the CZE-05B from recomendations I saw on the forums. I already sent a return request to Amazon, hopefully the problem wasn't something I did wrong. This is my first year with an animated show and I'm hoping it goes off without a hitch. No music would definately be a hitch.

zvac --

I have the ax, same as the cz just different name. there is a step that is easily missed, I know, I did when I first got mine.

step 3 on those awesome instructions:

After step 2, setting the "hi"/"low" range, press the power button and a frequency will display - You are NOT transmitting at this point!

set that frequency at say 108>then press power button

then set next frequency at say 88>then press and hold power button for 3 seconds and it will turn off

press power again and THAT frequency you see is the one you adjust and are now transmitting on.

I then set my pc to 20% and transmitter at about 70% - works excellent for me there but everyone sets it different.

You may have done this correctly but I thought I would mention it since it tripped me up when I got mine - good luck

PS: look closely at the display...is there a tiny little speaker with a line through it? If so, your not transmitting.

and NEVER power it without the antenna attached (in case you didn't know)

Edited by saxon

• The topic was locked