Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Pixels in a row not displaying green on CCR

kneel999

Ray Wu

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-DC5V-WS2801-32leds-m-with-32pixels-m-led-digital-strip-waterproof-in-silicon-tube-black/701799_1868610316.html

Now until I receive them and test them, I won't be sure they'll work the same as LOR's but giving it a try. I'll test as soon as I receive them within the next two weeks or so. Remember, they are indeed, GRB, not RGB so you need to alter the controller to compensate. LOR's controller does this already plus who knows what else along with their RS485 comm buss.

So the connections on the ribbons that come from Ray Wu are just like the Lor ribbon connections that plug into the Lor ccr controller? The 12 ribbons I own so far are from Light-O-Rama.  I know they talked about this on the Aussie Forum. The Lor ccr controller did work.

Edited by lightzilla

I don't think they are the same at all. I'm not %100 positive of that fact at this instant. The ones that Ray Wu is currently selling, have their own little connector on them. So I wrote Ray and asked about the connectors and if he has them. They come in pair groups of 100 each for $30+shipping. So 100 males and 100 females. That's a good price too me, so I ordered those too along with the strips. Keeping rain/dew/ice/snow out of them might be a small challenge but will see once I have them. The strips come with connectors on both ends already of this same flavor, plus a powet injection connector so it makes life easy for us.

Let me add to this about the LPD6803 strips, just in case someone else purchases them. These are 4-wire connections, not the WS2811 3-wire. They also have the older wire/lead identications. Do not error on connecting them. Yes, they still command/power to the Input side first of course. However, you will see:

DI, CI, S+, LI connections. I had to dig and research but found this and its correct as its working here at my place. Verify of course before connecting. Again, the ones I obtained were GRB types.

DI ---> +12VDC

CI ---> Data

S+ --> Clock

LI ---> Ground

Thank you for the info. I will be checking this thread out.

I was just checking a Lor ccr ribbon & it has

12V

D

C

So the Ray Wu strips are numbered like this below?  They well hook up like the order you have above correct. 

DI 

CI

S+

LI 

Edited by lightzilla

• 2 weeks later...

So the 12 more LPD6803's that I received, turned out to be BRG types as opposed to the first four I received which were GRB's. Frank Farmer's were RGB, so the lesson here for everyone is to carefully verify what types you really have. Yes, even though all of mine came from Ray Wu, they were packaged differently therefore different manufacturers and different connectors too.

One additional note too: if running LPD6803's, indeed they do appear just like CCR's so use the CCR output file, imported to the SE, along with their already converted colors. Do not export full range colors as you would for pixels to get the colors correct. The CCR export standard, is already correct for the LPD6803 strips. I did those comparison tests yesterday on a formal sequence, both standard and full range versions. The standard looked better and more accurate by far.

• 3 months later...

The LOR, CCR controllers, come with their own strips and each controller is dedicated to a single strip. If you want CCR's from LOR, buy them from LOR. I was trying to replicate CCR's using my own strips, using my own E1.31 controllers and so on. This coming season will be the first attempt with the LPD6803's which are "supposedly" they are the same strip. Just know that of the three different orders of LPD6803's, I've received two different types of programming, GRB and RGB. This can create a problem depending on the controller. If you elect to order them, order all at once to insure you get all of the same type.

Here are the ones I purchased for my CCR tree, these were recommended on Fast Eddy @ auschristmaslighting.com and work perfectly with my pixlite 16

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html

Here is a video of are the strips in action
http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36089-new-16-ccr-tree/#entry332484

• The topic was locked