Light-O-Rama Forums
kneel999

3 Pixels in a row not displaying green on CCR

So the 12 more LPD6803's that I received, turned out to be BRG types as opposed to the first four I received which were GRB's. Frank Farmer's were RGB, so the lesson here for everyone is to carefully verify what types you really have. Yes, even though all of mine came from Ray Wu, they were packaged differently therefore different manufacturers and different connectors too.

One additional note too: if running LPD6803's, indeed they do appear just like CCR's so use the CCR output file, imported to the SE, along with their already converted colors. Do not export full range colors as you would for pixels to get the colors correct. The CCR export standard, is already correct for the LPD6803 strips. I did those comparison tests yesterday on a formal sequence, both standard and full range versions. The standard looked better and more accurate by far.

The LOR, CCR controllers, come with their own strips and each controller is dedicated to a single strip. If you want CCR's from LOR, buy them from LOR. I was trying to replicate CCR's using my own strips, using my own E1.31 controllers and so on. This coming season will be the first attempt with the LPD6803's which are "supposedly" they are the same strip. Just know that of the three different orders of LPD6803's, I've received two different types of programming, GRB and RGB. This can create a problem depending on the controller. If you elect to order them, order all at once to insure you get all of the same type.

Here are the ones I purchased for my CCR tree, these were recommended on Fast Eddy @ auschristmaslighting.com and work perfectly with my pixlite 16

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html

Here is a video of are the strips in action
http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36089-new-16-ccr-tree/#entry332484