Light-O-Rama Forums

SW OKC - MORGAN CREEK - I see your

Mega Arch

LOR controllers and nice looking display. Can't wait to see your show in action.

I'm on SW 30th Place in the same addition.

Are you on this forum?

I'm in Lake Ridge Run on SW 107th.  Hope to have mine up and on tonight except my Mega Tree.  That may not be complete until Thursday afternoon.  107.1

Gary

SW 95th & Rockwell here.

Setting up show and testing tonight & tomorrow night.

Gary, I used to live on SW 92nd & S May. I will swing by and check your setup out and say hello if I see ya.

And Daniel, I need to swing by and see your display too.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

I'm in Lake Ridge Run on SW 107th. Hope to have mine up and on tonight except my Mega Tree. That may not be complete until Thursday afternoon. 107.1

Gary

Gary, will try to see yours as well. I was over there until a year ago - Greenbriar Kingsridge.

SW 95th & Rockwell here.

Setting up show and testing tonight & tomorrow night.

Gary, I used to live on SW 92nd & S May. I will swing by and check your setup out and say hello if I see ya.

Tom

Tom,

If the Truck is in the Driveway, I will be there.  Knock on the door and we can compare notes.

The white Incans on the Mega Tree Star are ones you gave me last year.

It seems like there is a large number of OKC area poster and LOR users. Next time I am in Tulsa for Christmas I need to take a road trip to OKC.

It seems like there is a large number of OKC area poster and LOR users. Next time I am in Tulsa for Christmas I need to take a road trip to OKC.

I hope that can be possible. Keep us posted if you see a chance of coming down.

Tom,

If the Truck is in the Driveway, I will be there.  Knock on the door and we can compare notes.

The white Incans on the Mega Tree Star are ones you gave me last year.

Dang Gary, my memory isn't what it used to be. LOL

I'll keep that in mind and thanks.

And back at ya at my house.

I'm going to try and get by to see ya'lls displays. I live in Yukon/Piedmont area and I don't know of any other animated displays out my way.

Mike,

there are two in Mustang as well. I'll get the addresses to you later.

One is D-Light and the other is LOR, the last I heard.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. I hope to go live on the 1st. That's my birthday and try to get done by then. We are forecasted to have decent weather this weekend and I've got my pixel tree up and my 10 ft led tree. I guess I could call it my "mini mega " tree.

Well Happy Pre-Birthday (I might get busy and forget).

And yes, it's supposed to be great weather from now thru the whole weekend.

"Mini-mega Tree" will work. :)

So would that be the M & M Tree?

Or Triple M Tree? (Mike's Mini Mega)

....my birthday..... my "mini mega " tree.

Mike, with Tom: Happy birthday...

Hopefully I finish my setup on Friday. One of my sons just bought a house in Piedmont. I'll be helping him with his first static display Saturday. Then my father just bought a house in Mustang and setting up his static display Sunday. So when this weekend is over, I'll definitely be ready for some good shows to watch. I'll add yours to my must see list. It will be my first viewing of a MMM Tree.

Thanks for the early birthday wishes.  I'll be out in the yard this weekend getting everything wired up and ready to go.  I pre-checked all my network settings for my e1.31 stuff and ironed out a couple of bugs with a couple of the 27 channel dmx controllers.  I didn't have time this year to add the pixel arches I wanted to do but that gives me something to do for next year.

I here ya Mike,

I'm wanting to add some simple arches and haven't done that yet. Still time to do so though.

So here I am, built my show and added a couple new songs, everything up and start running a test. Sitting in my car at the end of the driveway, first song underway and a beer in hand (spare next to me). No, I'm not driving anywhere.

Then I get a call (phone hasn't rang all day, so really?)

Well it ended up being Red, another LOR guy here locally. I have helped him out in the past couple months. A real nice guy.

He said, "I hope I'm not bothering you but is this a good time to talk?"

I told him, "Well sure, I'm just sitting here testing my light show."

Anyway, it was a deal with assigning Unit I.D. to a new controller he got. Got him fixed up but we visited some more while I was looking at my lights dance with the radio on low volume. Then after I got him fixed up, I watched the rest of the show. Then I told myself, I gotta start over :)

So I sat out there until the show started and watched the whole thing. Looked good, but I ran out of beer.

So I went back inside (while the show started over) got another beer.

Went back out to check out a new song for this year (coming up next) and ended up watching practically the whole show again.

I thought I would go for round 3 but then I thought, my kitchen pass has probably expired. Better make a deposit so I am done for the evening.

But I could sit out there all night just about, checking out the lights.

And it's only test night. LOL

Glad you're up and running! I had planned on working in the yard today after work but had to catch up on some things around the house. With my wife still recovering from extensive surgery and a heart attack there's not much she can do right now. I'll be hard at it through the weekend!

OK, OK, OK... As I said before, I'm not even finished setting up my props. Tonight, I'm sitting here trying to put the finishing touches on a few song sequences. My wife just walked in, who earlier this month said that I have planned way too many songs for the show. Well - she just said, " I know you've been working on Pentatonix's Mary Did You Know for yourself, and I really don't want to stress you, but have you heard Pentatonix's Little Drummer Boy? That song would be awesome."

Really???   Really???   Really???

All my hope is in rolling the dice with Brian Bruderer....

Sorry to hear Mike,

I didn't know about your wife's heart attack. I sure hope she is okay and recovers fully and quickly.

Do you need some help?

My prayers are with her, you and family/friends.

Tom

OK, OK, OK... As I said before, I'm not even finished setting up my props. Tonight, I'm sitting here trying to put the finishing touches on a few song sequences. My wife just walked in, who earlier this month said that I have planned way too many songs for the show. Well - she just said, " I know you've been working on Pentatonix's Mary Did You Know for yourself, and I really don't want to stress you, but have you heard Pentatonix's Little Drummer Boy? That song would be awesome."

Really???   Really???   Really???

All my hope is in rolling the dice with Brian Bruderer....

Daniel, gotta love a wife that is inspired enough to want more songs. :)