Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor Problem after 3.12.0 upgrade

avionics12

I thought I'd post an excerpt from a help desk ticket (388220) I submitted in case anyone here can help:

"I tried a test run of my shows about two weeks ago, prior to the latest S3 3.12.0 Advanced update.  Everything looked good prior to the update.

As of 3.12.0, the Sequence Editor will play a sequence for about a 1/2 second; the timing progress bar then stops.  However the program STOP (RED) square button is still highlighted as though SE does not know the sequence is not actually running.  The STOP button does not respond to any commands.  Furthermore the only command that will respond is close; it takes about 5 seconds before SE will close.

I tried several known good sequences from last year that have not been modified with no positive results.  All sequences present the blue square button in the lower right corner.  I have run Verifier on the sequences​​​​; all pass Verifier tests.

If I try a show on demand the LOR Status page returns "Cannot read show file from C\Users\Willowlights\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2013 Show 1.lss"

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue, and the space bar will not start and stop the sequence.    Have you heard anything back about this problem yet?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

I've been working on this off and on (more off than on due to family issues) with the LOR Help Desk.  They suggested cleaning out the LOR portion of the Windows registry, then reinstalling LOR.  Both were simple tasks with good instructions by them.  My symptoms them changed to a missing or moved files situation and I haven't had the time to work on it since, due to the aforementioned family issues.  I did read that I might need the 4GB patch after the reinstall however I haven't done that either.  Sorry I cannot be of help here.  Admittedly I am a Mac user and Windows is a very weak area of my skills. :)

I suggest opening a ticket with the LOR help desk, they are usually prompt at responding.

OK, got this figured out..or to be truthful Dev Mike got it solved.  For the second time in two years I somehow managed to move LOR files after upgrading to the latest software.  Mike got the path straightened out and the sequence editor would open without errors.

However I was back to the original problem as stated above:

"As of 3.12.0, the Sequence Editor will play a sequence for about a 1/2 second; the timing progress bar then stops.  However the program STOP (RED) square button is still highlighted as though SE does not know the sequence is not actually running.  The STOP button does not respond to any commands.  Furthermore the only command that will respond is close; it takes about 5 seconds before SE will close."

Mike worked on this and determined that I had a Windows Media Player (WMP) problem.  I could not play any MP3 files because of an error in WMP.  Mike continued to work on it and magically WMP started working.  Mike was sure there was another problem within WMP however because the playback was not dependable.  Well LOR was working and that satisfied me.  I know that the LOR guys are busier than two hookers on nickle night these days so I thanked him and ended our help session.  Knowing that my computer was still under warranty I called HP Tech Support.  To make a real long troubleshooting session story short, the HP Tech removed and reloaded the IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver.  WMP started working correctly.  Right again Dev Mike!   Now my show is running as well as it did last year.

The moral of this story for me is:

#1 No more software upgrades for me unless it is determined I need them to run my show.  This computer is only used for my show and I do not need to invoke problems.  I don't understand the inner workings of Windows (I'm a Mac) and I will leave well enough alone.

#2 Dev Mike knows his stuff and his level of Customer Service is unmatched in my book.

#3 Dev Mike saved Christmas for me.

The back story on why #3 is true for me.  This has been a bad year for me.  I lost my brother, my brother in law and my wife in the space of 6 months this year.  Quite frankly I had given up on having a show this year, I just didn't feel like it.  However Mike did not give up and he got me to a point that the show is running and I have that and more to be grateful for. 

Dev Mike, thank you for your perseverance and work to salvage my Christmas show.  I am a grateful Customer in your debt....