Light-O-Rama Forums

1 channel stays on at 20%

MikeA

I have a CTB16 and 1 channel stays on at maybe 20%.  It fades up and down fine and it turns on and off when called for but it never goes to zero.

Any help?

Could be a bad triac. Try resetting the board as per the instruction manual. If that doesn't work it is either switch those lights to a different channel or send it in for repair m

Is there a picture of which part is the triac?

If you look at the kit assembly manuals you can see which part is the triac, only thing is, LOR has a bent leg Triac and replacement ones from Mouser or Digikey etc. are straight leg, so you will need to contact LOR for a pre bent replacement, which I think they will send out with no problems. Start a help desk ticket.

If you have a spare channel in your set up re-do your sequences to that new channel and worry about the repair in January.

I have a CTB16 and 1 channel stays on at maybe 20%.  It fades up and down fine and it turns on and off when called for but it never goes to zero.

Any help?

Try removing all power to the board and shorting all 3 TRIAC leads for the problem channel together with a jumper....  Then power back up. ;)

Edited by Bernie

• The topic was locked