Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights don't Play.

hemilovers

I have-3 LOR1602 Controllers;  4 CR150D DMX(CCR's)   and  1 CMB24D DMX with 8 Single Pixel RGB's.  So I exported the sequences from Super Star Sequences to the Sequence Editor.  Then I tried to see how they will look, but when I play the Sequence, nothing happens.  I don't have everything connected, just the CMB24D with the 8 single pixel ribbons. Does everything need to be connected?  How can I check how these 8 Ribbons will look in the sequence? 

You do not need everything connected.

What address did you assign to the CMB24D? 

Did you set the address of the CMB24D with the dip switches?

Do you have the same address assigned in your sequence for the CMB24D?

One other question - You do realize that you can only have one color at a time on the RGB dumb ribbons, right? If you designed a sequence in SSE that uses patterns of any type, they aren't going to show on the dumb ribbons.

The Dip Switch is on 8, on the CMB24D. And I assigned 8 on the sequence.

Yes, they are Dumb RGB's. Only 1 color at a time.

Try a sequence with only the CMB24D defined.

Other basic troubleshooting, for you and anyone else.

Make sure that you have a solid light on the CMB24D when trying to play the sequence. If it's flashing, then it won't work. Also, make sure that you have only one LOR program open. If you have the Sequence Editor and the Hardware Editor open at the same time, then one of them will have control of the COM port. Only one program at a time can control the com port. 

What do you mean-only the CMB24D defined?  Yes the red light is solid when I try playing the sequence. And only one program is open.

OK Don, I tried that. And they won't work. The sequence plays, but the lights don't. So what else can I try?

Download this sequence. It is configured for UnitID 08, with 8 RGB channels.

Open only the sequence editor, and make sure you have a blue box at the bottom right. Make sure the light is solid on the CMB.

If it doesn't work, run the Hardware Utility and make sure that it is set to 08.

I've checked the lights in Hardware Utility and the lights do light up.

Yes in Seq. Editor-Play- the Control lights is checked.

Something simple is missing. You can control Unit 08 in the Hardware utility. You can close the HWU, open the SE, and see a blue box. You have a sequence configured for Unit 08, and Control Lights checked.

Yet it won't play. I have no idea what's going on. Sorry.