Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 3.12 and MP3g3 Firmware 5.28 not playing the show correctly

machtoo

I to am thankful for you folks looking at these issues.

On a side note my songs play just fine & no songs are skipped. I don't set the times on the SD cards, I set the start & end times on the unit itself.  Now in version 5.28 I have the times set & so I put the SD card into the slot & the unit says "unit" like it should but then it plays right away, & so I went back to version 5.26 & I put the SD card into the slot & it said "unit" & then "wait" like it should & because it was a test it start a few minutes later at the time it was suppose to start. I went back to 5.28 & no dice. So I too ended up going back to 5.28.

Another interesting thing I found was that I could not turn off a remote controlled lamp with the lamps remote yesterday evening during some ccp arch tests. When I unplugged the ccp controller the lamp remote turned on & off the lamp.  I tried it twice & the same thing happened.  The ccps were interfering with the lamp.

Edited by lightzilla

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LOR Staff

• lightzilla

• atver

• Eric walls

Just updated to 5.28 firmware from 5.26 on a unit purchased at the 2014 summer sale. I only connected the audio cable and 12vdc power supply after upgrade, used a known good SD card used with my Dec. 2014 show and executed the program. I too experienced the skipped file issue. It starts to play a file and stops several seconds into the audio and then goes to the next file. Downloading the firmware back to 5.26 eliminates the problem. There is something wrong and I hope LOR can find the cause.

Edited by atver

Another interesting thing I found was that I could not turn off a remote controlled lamp with the lamps remote yesterday evening during some ccp arch tests. When I unplugged the ccp controller the lamp remote turned on & off the lamp.  I tried it twice & the same thing happened.  The ccps were interfering with the lamp.

Please update the firmware on all your CCPs/CCBs to the latest version, 1.18.

Please update the firmware on all your CCPs/CCBs to the latest version, 1.18.

I did & then I couldn't do the reset test. I wanted to see if by resetting the controller it might help with the pixels that stay on white all the time. When I update to version 1.18 then the ccps wouldn't reset. All I got was a fast flashing green light on the controller, but the test pattern wouldn't appear. I unplugged it according to the instructions, held down the white button, plugged the controller in while still holding down the white button & that is when the little green led flashed fast but nothing after that, but after I went back to 1.16 the test worked just fine. Didn't help the white pixels any. That is being taken care of at the help deck.

Sorry.  With all the tickets flying around, and messages here, and my advancing age I didn't make the connection.

I need to test that in the lab.  

I did & then I couldn't do the reset test. I wanted to see if by resetting the controller it might help with the pixels that stay on white all the time. When I update to version 1.18 then the ccps wouldn't reset. All I got was a fast flashing green light on the controller, but the test pattern wouldn't appear. I unplugged it according to the instructions, held down the white button, plugged the controller in while still holding down the white button & that is when the little green led flashed fast but nothing after that, but after I went back to 1.16 the test worked just fine. Didn't help the white pixels any. That is being taken care of at the help deck.

I have verified this in the lab, and there does seem to be a problem with the reset pattern on 1.18.  Please load 1.18 onto your CCP/CCB and see if it performs correctly with your show and that you can control your other electronics (IE, Ignore the bad chase routine).

Good afternoon Mike,

How can we assist in the problem of the g3mp3 firmware?  I am getting my g3mp3 back from the show site, a old military fortres nearby Fort Altena,  tomorrow.

What information would you like to have ? What kind tests would you let us perform in order to find the cause?

Do you have test files you would like us to play?  Anything that would help I am willing to try here after tomorrow.

I did run a show with three buttons for interactive, with in between an arduino adressing 6 interupt inputs. I did run with 5.26 for weeks on two sites without any error, 5.28 did not work at all with me.

Best regards

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

I have verified this in the lab, and there does seem to be a problem with the reset pattern on 1.18.  Please load 1.18 onto your CCP/CCB and see if it performs correctly with your show and that you can control your other electronics (IE, Ignore the bad chase routine).

The sad part is I can't help in that area now because my display has been down since December 27th. 

Edited by lightzilla

The sad part is I can't help in that area now because my display has been down since December 27th. 

No problem.  Just be aware of this for next season.  The Firmware folks are aware of the issue and I am sure there will be a release to fix it.

1.19 has been released and can be found on our website.  It takes care of this issue.

1.19 has been released and can be found on our website.  It takes care of this issue.

That is good news. I shall give it a shot.  How about v5.28 for the player any word yet? 

• 3 weeks later...

v5.29 firmware for both the uMP3 Mini Director as well as the G3MP3 Dual Port adapter has been released.  This should resolve the issues with the MP3 directors skipping songs, ending songs early, etc.  

Please let us know if you still experience problems with this new firmware.  The new firmware can be found on our firmware updates page.  

v5.29 firmware for both the uMP3 Mini Director as well as the G3MP3 Dual Port adapter has been released.  This should resolve the issues with the MP3 directors skipping songs, ending songs early, etc.  

Please let us know if you still experience problems with this new firmware.  The new firmware can be found on our firmware updates page.  

That part is solved but what about the issue I had where I set the show to start at 6:00 pm (on the Director Unit itself ) but when I inserted the SD card the show started right away? Before 6:00 pm and (that was with version 5.28) & so I had to put it back to 5.26 to get the clock to work right.

Edited by lightzilla

Using firmware version 5.29 on two G3-MP3 devices, solved the skipping MP3 audio files issue as experienced on firmware version 5.28. However, I too experienced the clock issue on two units as reported by lightzilla. I tried resetting the clock for start and end times but that didn't work. The program starts immediately no matter what time (AM or PM) that the show start and end times are set on the device. Looks like a new problem with version 5.29 release.

Edited by atver

Using firmware version 5.29 on two G3-MP3 devices, solved the skipping MP3 audio files issue as experienced on firmware version 5.28. However, I too experienced the clock issue on two units as reported by lightzilla. I tried resetting the clock for start and end times but that didn't work. The program starts immediately no matter what time (AM or PM) that the show start and end times are set on the device. Looks like a new problem with version 5.29 release.

So this clock problem is still there in v.5.29 as well?  If so then keep using .5.26 until it is fixed. 

I opened a support ticket and LOR is now evaluating the clock problem in their lab. Hopefully they can identify the cause and develop a solution.

Edited by atver

Just received a response from LOR that they have identified the clock problem present in both versions of 5.28 and 5.29 firmware. They plan to have it fixed today. Thank you LOR for your outstanding support!

Correct.  v5.30 should be released sometime today to take care of the clock issue.  I'll update the sticky message when it is -- I know we have already sent it over to the web team to get posted, so it should be very soon.  Director firmwares went through some major changes in the past few months.  We have the dual network directors now, the uMP3g3, G3 units that can control DMX, etc. etc. etc.  

Sorry about that!  If I would have realized there was a second issue back in 5.28 I would have forwarded that bug on as well.  I apologize for missing it.

Edit:

As of 11:00 AM, the new 5.30 firmware is available for download.

Thank you DevMike, both audio files and clock functions are now working properly with firmware v5.30 in my two Directors.  Outstanding Job!

Jim