Light-O-Rama Forums

different results for different play ranges

billc

While editing musical sequences the animation is off aprx 1/2 sec playing in the full sequence vs playing just the visible screen. I just spent 2 hours editing a sequence screen by screen and it was right on the money. When I play it back as a full sequence it is off.

Had the same problem. I figured out it was because some of my music was saved at 128kbs and some was saved at 192 or higher.

Make sure you are using 128kbs songs and the problem may go away.

Kel

Mountainwxman wrote:

For sequencing purposes, I use wav's. Then, when I finish the sequence, I change it to a mp3.

I think that is an excellent idea.

Charlie

Intersting topic.

I rip all my MP3's at 192 or better, and have noticed from time to time(frequently) that the graphical representation of the song is off.

The last two songs I did I used WMA files for kicks, and they were DEAD ON...

Interesting.....

I don't understand, why are you converting to MP3? I downloaded as WAV and built the sequence using WAV, everything seems ok.

Am I missing something?

L

lleibeck wrote:

I don't understand, why are you converting to MP3? I downloaded as WAV and built the sequence using WAV, everything seems ok.

Am I missing something?

Many people use a "lesser" PC for show playback. Having gigabytes of wav files on your show PC is just not necessary when mp3 files work fine for 1/10th the disk space.