Light-O-Rama Forums

camera recording recommendations?

bhunt240

Alright guys my brother has a drone and it is a really nice one with a gimbal and hd camera and also has a mount for his go pro we are trying to get some footage of the lights and it was blurry kinda fuzzy he was going home to research it like settings for video and still shots but i told him i would ask you guys as well

thanks for any and all input!!

It is a Phantom 2 vision plus.

and its not vibration or anything he does lots of day shots and videos for people professionally but this is the first time trying night shots

First off - use a tripod stand. Tripod = clarity. Hate shaky videos as well. Second - use your mp3 copy for the sound. Steady and no wind or car sounds, To get a clear picture, the higher megapixel the camera has the better. Here's one of mine. It was shot with 18 megapixel, 24 frames per second at 1080 resolution.

Edited by Mega Arch

Does your brother in law understand that his drone for hire can land him in hot water with FAA?

Mega Arch I suppose what is needed is like the F-Stop settings and shutter speed. Or the firework setting on the vid camera. Stuff like that.

That's pretty! Mega, when I grow up, I want to have an awesome camera. And cool light setup. (I already have the tripod. Just need a few years to slowly expand the light and controller collection.) 

Well done.

That's pretty! Mega, when I grow up, I want to have an awesome camera. And cool light setup. (I already have the tripod. Just need a few years to slowly expand the light and controller collection.) 

Well done.

Thanks Matt.

My eldest son is actually my videographer.

He has all the cool video and camera stuff.

I just play with lights.