Light-O-Rama Forums

Making Rudolph's Nose Blink

egrif

Can I use one of my channels to make Rudolph's nose blink?  If so, should I use twinkle or shimmer? 

I keep buying these blinker's from Ace Hardware which don't seem to work.  Then I got to thinking, I have these very nice (and expensive) controllers. :wacko:  I should be able to use these to solve my blinking problem.

Thanks!

Either would be too fast. Have that channel on for let's say 500mSec, then off for 500mSec. Then copy that and paste multiple to the end of the sequence. In about 15 seconds you have created his blinking nose.

For BLINKIN' Problems I like to use the old school twinkle light "Chase Controllers."  You know those little boxes they use to have on "Motion Lights."  I cut off the old lights, and solder on new plugs then make them into Candy Cane Spinners.  Saves channels.  Maybe you could use one of those to make a nose blinker.  Would save you a channel.

-RainyOregonchiStmaS

I don't have a Rudolph.

But I do make Santa's and my stars eyes blink. 

I just set a channel for their eye and randomly turn them off and on through the sequences.

If you are running multiple LOR sequences in a show you can use a channel setup under the background tab ( license version depending) and set a short blink sequence in the background. Would save you editing all your sequences. Just make sure that channel isn't used anywhere else.

Okay, I'm unfamiliar with using the background tab.  Can you give me some instructions on how to set it up?  I know it's the busy season, but any help you can give me will be appreciated.  Thanks!!!!

:unsure:

If you have the appropriate license level, the background tab will play a sequence through whatever you have loaded into your animation and musical tabs.

Make a sequence for the one channel. Ie the blinking nose. It will play through all your other sequences

Tutorial here

Sticks4Legs, you are wonderful!!!  Thank you so much for your time.  :D  I brought my laptop with me and will work on it at lunch.  Can't test until I get home from work, but will let you know how it goes.  Have a wonderful day!

• The topic was locked