Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences/audio loaded...now how to begin the show?

KeysNole

This is my first year doing LOR. I inherited three controllers and a flash drive of sequences/music.

My sequences are loaded into the Sequence Editor. I have watched all the videos I can and read everything I can find, but for the life of me I can't get my sequences/music to my LOR controllers to make the lights come on. I have run a controller/light test, and everything works on that end. I tried to "Schedule a Show" and use Show Editor, but something is missing.

I am sure I am just a step or two away, and I am hoping you pros can help.

Thanks,

Frankie

There could be many reasons, Please give a little more detail on how your set up

1-Have you checked to make sure you can see all your controllers in the LOR Hardware utility? Did the lights work in the HU?

2-Do you have all the lights assigned to the right controllers?

3-Is the control lights button checked

4-Are you running the sequences/music from the flash drive?

5-Do the shows play fine in your sequencer/visualizer?

The more detail you give the easier it will be to get the correct answers.

I have everything scheduled in the Schedule Editor. I scheduled it for now, hoping that it would set the system in motion. Shows are enabled.

All controllers appear to work, and worked in the HU.

Lights appear to be on the right controllers. We are doing more of a test, so we have one controller assigned in the HU and lights hooked up to that.

The control's red LED was flashing, and is now solid.

We are running/uploading the sequences from the PC.

Shows play perfectly in the sequencer and visualizer.

Thanks for the help guys. I am sure at some point I will look back on this and realize how simple it was.

I have everything scheduled in the Schedule Editor. I scheduled it for now, hoping that it would set the system in motion. Shows are enabled.

What happens at the time the show is supposed to start? Do you see any error messages in the status window? If you don't have that window up, look for it in the same menu used to enable shows.

Nothing happens when the show is supposed to start. I had scheduled it for now (10pm-12am) to see. No error messages in the status window.

I snapped photos of the Schedule Editor and Hardware but it looks like we can't upload images directly to the forum.

If the shows are enabled, it should be telling you something. Either that it's waiting for another show to start, or that a show is running right now. What does it say that it's doing?

If it's completely blank, with nothing at *all* inside it (and I mean nothing ... zero, zilch) then there are other issues.

Ok, the good/bad news:

It is giving me "ERROR WITH SEQUENCE. Error playing media file: Windows Media Player cannot find the file.

It seems like there is a disconnect with the Show Editor and Schedule Editor. My test show of two sequences was uploaded from my desktop to the Show Editor. It's a .lss file.

The audio file needs to be in the default location where the LOR audio folder was put during the software installation. Unlike the SE, that's the only place the show editor looks for it.

Edited by George Simmons

Uploaded from your desktop? Are we talking two different computers here?

If we're talking about a single computer then go back to the sequence editor and just double check that the audio is still linked. Create new shows in the Show EDITOR (not Simple Show Builder!) Now schedule those new shows. You may also want to run the LOR Verify Utility located in your LOR Control Panel to check the show for errors.

If we're talking two different computers, then that adds a whole new level of complexity to the mix. You will want to make sure your LOR directory is exactly the same on both machines. Otherwise when you move things between PC's you will run into issues.

George, you were right. I believe I had the show pulling from my files on the desktop. They have been rerouted.

The show came on as scheduled...now our only problem is...we have no lights! When the show started all I had was audio (not sure if the sequence editor generally plays concurrently with audio), but we did not have active lights.

You're crossing terms I think.

The Sequence Editor has nothing to do with the Show Player. In fact, don't even have them both open at the same time. Same goes for the Hardware Utility.

If by "rerouted" you mean you moved the audio files to the default LOR Audio folder, that's good. For simplicity and to facilitate trouble-shooting, your sequences should be in the LOR default Sequence folder also.

Edited by George Simmons

It seems we have that end figured out (thank you). Just trying to figure out the disconnect between the controller and the software.

You should know too that you cannot have the HWU and/or the SE open and running at the same time as the show control panel. Whichever was opened first, will take control of the comm port and not allow the control panel to run the lights. The control panel is the monitor program. It is actually what runs the lights and receives commands from the show player. Right-Click on the light bulb icon that will appear on the bottom right of the taskbar on the computer. This will provide a sub-menu that you can enable the shows as scheduled from the schedule editor. So, just in case you didn't catch everything...the HWU will test individual circuits and must be closed when you are done with it. The SE will command the lights without the control panel running but must be closed when its time to run a formal show. The Show Editor, you tell it what sequences and options you wish to play in your show and you name the show and save it in there. The Schedule Editor is where you tell the software "when" to play that specific show as you must load in the show name you saved in the show editor. It's Date and Time are both needed. Then finally, you launch the LOR control panel. Now when you launch it, left clicking on the red bulb will produce the status window. Right clicking the bulb will produce the submenu and provide all the options. You can select to run the normal show or do a show on demand. For now, try the show on demand. It'll prompt you for the show file name and the time to start which would be right then.