Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice Overs

Ed.Faranda

Well, I consider myself a newbie at least. Though I have been told that my sequence ability is above the newbie level. Nonetheless, this is my first LOR Christmas display this year. Been having a ball sequencing and getting lots of complements from my neighbors.

Ok, back to topic. I want to do some voice overs for display. Now, I know windows has a Media Recorder, but does anyone recommend any particular software (hopefully, freeware) that is good for creating voice overs? Any other suggestions?

Here's a link to my experimental Flag display I did for the fourth of July.

I use audacity, its free and can be used for many other things, records, exports to mp3 and others. you can even mix tracks to one song. ie.... voice overs.

Duh!! :P

I didn't think of that. I am using it to ensure that my MP3 files are formatted correctly. Guess I just need to pick up a microphone.

I got lucky and found that my mp3 player (samsung) has fidelity way better than Any inexpensive mic I've encountered. In fact, I thought of taking it to work, where a former Kmart blue light special announcer my do my voiceovers.:)