Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Options

roha0612

Background: using CMB24 Controller and 8 'Dumb' ribbon lights

Questions:

- Can one channel power more then one string of ribbon? ie. if 2 ribbons are daisy chained.

- The only way I have found to add color is by using the color fade, is there another way?

- The color fade option does not allow for other things like intensity changes, is it possible for intensity changes on dumb RGB ribbons?

I am sure I will have a ton more questions, thanks for the help.

Background: using CMB24 Controller and 8 'Dumb' ribbon lights

Questions:

- Can one channel power more then one string of ribbon? ie. if 2 ribbons are daisy chained.-Yes, just don't exceed the amp rating per channel and per board.

- The only way I have found to add color is by using the color fade, is there another way?  You could expand the channels and just manually fill the RGB channels.

- The color fade option does not allow for other things like intensity changes, is it possible for intensity changes on dumb RGB ribbons?  You can choose black as a color and create fades that way.

I am sure I will have a ton more questions, thanks for the help.

- The color fade option does not allow for other things like intensity changes, is it possible for intensity changes on dumb RGB ribbons?  You can choose black as a color and create fades that way.

True, but that's only for a white fade out.

Instead, expand your RGB channel(s).  You can then adjust the individual fades, intensities, and effects for each of the RGB channels therein.

What LOR needs as a tool for us, as a global selection mode that we select the area desired, then tell it to lower or raise the intensity by a percentage across the selected area. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to program into the SE...maybe in the next generation of software they'll consider this. My pixels are way too bright and I really need to tone them down with different colors other than the basic R, G and B, trying to select a different intensity across a large area is impossible. Supposedly it can be done by manually editing the file but I've not tried it and there are so many variables in there, not sure about messing it up.

Edited by dgrant
  • Like 1

True, but that's only for a white fade out.

Uh, no.  Within the color fade selection, you can set R, G, & B to anything you want individually for both the beginning and end of the fade.  So if you want a fade to start at 80% red, 60% green, & 12% blue and end at 9% red, 20% green, & 100% blue, it will do it just fine.  And yes, before anyone corrects me, the values are not displayed as percentages, but rather 0 - 255 for each primary color.

And yes, I agree that it would be nice to be able to select some portion of an existing sequence and tell it to reduce everything by some percentage.  That we can't do.