Light-O-Rama Forums

Large channel count and delay

ezimnow

So when we hear "Large" channel count either Pixel/CCR/CCP and show lag time...what constitutes "large"  I am going to run a 12 leg tree of 600 pixels/1800 channels..I dont consider that large by any means...In addition 134 LOR channels and Video...I havent run the lor controllers yet but I have run the Video and pixles and dont see any delay. should I expect to see any when I hook up the 134 LOR channels?  I'm just preparing for the worst and hoping for the best!!!!!!!

The actual use of the lights may vary from the visualization.    Sometimes lights may drop out for a moment or a change is not seen on the entire set of strings.   Since you have a tree with pixels next to each other in a pattern its much easier to see when it happens.  May not be noticed on arches or roof lines which are not side by side.    It also depends on how complex and fast your patterns on the tree will be.   I suggest you be prepared to add another network adapter to split out the tree just in case.  Not hard at all to do but you will have to import your config into every sequence.

Do you mean a Switch and split the Pixel tree that way? I'm not using an adapter I'm running the tree via a ECG P12R controller with one string per universe...