Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel configuration changed for every sequence since last year. Why?

EvilM0nkey

There has been a lot of life this year so I didn't change my show at all from last year. I just packed it up and am unpacking it all now (3rd year, 3rd different house).

When I went to review my sequences and make small changes. The visualizer looked awful so I looked and I noticed that my Channel configuration had changed for EVERY sequence. All of the channel names were the same, but they are on a new channel now.

It's no big deal fixing it, but this is REALLY annoying.

Any ideas what happened?

Just the actual sequences. Messing with timing or changing things. Nothing serious.

I went through my whole show from last year now. about 3/4 of them were different.

Or did you add a channel somewhere other than at the bottom? If you insert a channel say about 5 channels down. Channel 5 becomes 6 and 6 becomes #7 and so on. So, delete the added channel and import this new configuration to  all effected sequences and should fix the problem. I learned this little simple truth in my second or 3rth year.

I also learned from listening to some of the old masters to make a master track. Always add a new channel or controller to the bottom of the master track. Now make sub tracks and put what ever where ever in those sub tracks to make your programming easier.

I literally closed the show computer at the end of last season and didn't think about it till last week. I fired it up and found that a lot of the sequences were different.

I didn't change or add anything until I realized what happened. I have the same number of channels.

The only reason went to look at the channels was because the show looked terrible on the visualizer.

Didn't matter what folder. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why it would have changed. Some of my original files that I haven't touched since my first season were changed as well.

I didn't check my Haloween files.

Edited by EvilM0nkey

Off the wall question. Do you happen to use the default name for the channel config and updated to a newer version of LOR?

Bob

Or did you add a channel somewhere other than at the bottom? If you insert a channel say about 5 channels down. Channel 5 becomes 6 and 6 becomes #7 and so on. So, delete the added channel and import this new configuration to  all effected sequences and should fix the problem. I learned this little simple truth in my second or 3rth year.

I also learned from listening to some of the old masters to make a master track. Always add a new channel or controller to the bottom of the master track. Now make sub tracks and put what ever where ever in those sub tracks to make your programming easier.

I don't understand what you mean by "Channel 5 becomes 6 and 6 becomes #7 and so on"?  I have always added/deleted channels throughout my sequence without much issue.  The assigned controllers & channels on those controllers don't change by inserting/deleting within a sequence.

Off the wall question. Do you happen to use the default name for the channel config and updated to a newer version of LOR? Bob

Nope. I updated before last season and I'm waiting to update again until after this season.

LL all I can say I was not the only one that saw this happen. What was working started to mess up once new channels were inserted instead of adding on the bottom of the list of channels. To include below the lowest track. So if I added a controller, I would not take those 16 channels and inset those channels in established tracks. I would add more track(s) below all established tracks.

Now if you are not having any troubles adding or removing channels. Then more power to you. Maybe I wont have that problem that I have converted over to a master track with sub tracks that makes programming more logical.

Again I observed a shift in what channel was getting what programming after inserting a few channels.

• 4 weeks later...

I got them all sorted out and working now. No big deal now.

Still would like to know what happened so hopefully I can prevent it next season.