Light-O-Rama Forums

So just curious... who here is still old school?

Santas Helper

I'm talkin about "NO" DMX, or CCRs, CCPs, CCXYZs or even smarty strips.

Just old fashioned controllers for incans and LED strands, or LED devices using 12V controllers.

I have yet to dive into the other world of DMX or networks. And for now, I have no plans to.

I don't have icans but have ventured into LED strands and LED RGB stuff but keep using 120V or 12V controllers for those.

I'll have to say though, I upgraded from version 1 to version 3 last year. :)

But I still have a computer with version 1 on it, just in case the world comes to an end or something like that. B)

Am I alone here?

• Like 3

Even this old fellow has gone to 12 - ccr's & 5 - Lor's ccps with one on order. However I still have 7 - 16 channel controllers left & 3 - 8 channel controllers left out of 25 I believe it was.

...I'm here.

Just dumb incans, LEDs and RGB strips.

tj

Thanks TJ, we might want to check our family tree. :)

Well, I still don't have any RGB in my home display. (Then again, I didn't even do one last year.)

Doesn't look like any will be in there this year, either.

I use CCRs to color wash the front of the house. But that's the only RGB I have and I still program them as individual channels using a resolution of 5 pixels per channel. Since I keep getting told I'm doing it wrong every time I do an element using incandescent / LED strings, I'm going to assume I must still be old school...

Still rocking with LOR 2.9.4

Tom,

I am with you. I still do the old school lighting.

You are way ahead of me in the software department.

I too am still rocking with version 2.9.4.

All LED with 6 controllers and even a few old school wire frame and blow mold. I'm not just old school i'm old lol

Papa

Well, if you don't count an iDMX as DMX, I'm six sets of LED's shy of all incan's. The six sets of purple LED's in the tombstones have me thinking I may need to get off my butt and convert everything to LED though.

I am...

My wife won't let me spend anymore money or time.

I had my foot in the door last year but my wife made me trade the board for a 16 channel LOR.

I am OK with LED. It is really easy.

However, I would like to put up less lights and have more color options.

I'm talkin about "NO" DMX, or CCRs, CCPs, CCXYZs or even smarty strips.

Just old fashioned controllers for incans and LED strands, or LED devices using 12V controllers.

I have yet to dive into the other world of DMX or networks. And for now, I have no plans to.

I don't have icans but have ventured into LED strands and LED RGB stuff but keep using 120V or 12V controllers for those.

I'll have to say though, I upgraded from version 1 to version 3 last year. :)

But I still have a computer with version 1 on it, just in case the world comes to an end or something like that. B)

Am I alone here?

I have almost gone 100% LED, but no RGB of any kind/style yet.

Still adding controllers and props each year though.

Still trying to grasp all the future capabilities...

:) :)

I so want to add this next year, but I can't seam to understand what all I would need after buying this to program and run it.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/812.htm

Papa

Papa - I'll take care of mowing your yard for a year if you get me this Holiday Coro kit too..

:P :P

Whoops! I have to take back what I said.

Seems that skipping 2013, I forgot about a small addition in 2012. I did have some older CCFloods that I used for some stuff during the display.

Only my 3rd year with LOR but put me down for old school. My display is mostly white and I prefer the look of bulbs to crr's. Would have all Incan but power has meant I have made all new props with LEDs

Whoops! I have to take back what I said.

Seems that skipping 2013, I forgot about a small addition in 2012. I did have some older CCFloods that I used for some stuff during the display.

Don,Don,Don. Liar Liar Pants On Fire. :lol:

• Like 2