Light-O-Rama Forums

Wizards...best way to program?

Silivrenwolf

My boss is claiming there's a wizard that will take care of the entire song and hit each peak in the music. Will working with the different wizards I haven't found anything that does that with the entire song and channels but will do one at a time. 

Can someone explain the differences between the different wizards and which is best for a "newbie" to use. I was following and doing the typical 10th of sec shown in tutorials. Is that the way to go? 

The 'Beat Wizard' will indeed assist you with setting a timing grid for the sequence. It will not do any programming for you.

When you run the Beat Wizard, you will have options there on the screen on what to do with the results of the wizard. You can insert a timing mark for each beat, and even set a channel to come on every X beats.

The Tapper Wizard is just that. You can 'tap' your keyboard/mouse along with the music to create a timing grid.

This is a must read! Brian has help me over the year his work is an inspiration to me and my family! He is an artist with the programming and the lights!

Your boss may be thinking of the Instant Sequence feature on the SuperStar Sequencer program, this you can set certain channels to volume/frequency peaks as well as beat.

Maybe your boss was thinking of SpEx to examine the volume in each note on a piano keyboard and generate effects.