Light-O-Rama Forums

Music between show sequences

sticks4legs

This my first year with a FM transmitter and we thought it would be funny to broadcast the Disneyland esplanade music I have ( yes, big Disney fans) while the lights are off or on static.

My thought is to create music sequences with the songs and have...1 blank channel musical seq. for lights off and then selective channels on for the static.

Is there a better way to do this?

If the sequences for the music are 10-15 minutes can I have them shutdown for the show sequences. Right now my show finishes the song if it goes past the cut off time in show scheduler.

Right now Xmas light sequences only play 15 minutes and then break 15 minutes,we have static during those 15 minutes. Thought the interim music would be funny. The breaks are also an attempt to quell one neighbour. We are not a big display by any means but every day I put more up I get " do you really need more lights" comment. Joys of cul-de-sac living

Is it the lights that bother the neighbor, or the music ?  ( I really think that doing a "Grinch" sequence is definitely in order) ... Seriously, if it is the lights themselves, then maybe figure out what their problem is ... Too bright ?  Facing in BR window ?  ... Usually it is the music playing for hours and days that is the problem for folks, not the lights themselves.  I usually invite my neighbors over for a get together during the first week of the show... Not that any have complained.. But it makes for a better relationship.... I do have a couple across the street that i have to play nice with... (older couple, and their BR is  facing my yard)... So I turn down the music later in the evening... But it is still loud enough to hear, along with having the xmitter.  Good Luck...

FYI, you can never have too many lights....

My previous house was a dead-end cul-de-sac. My current house is middle of the block of cul-de-sac. I can empathize with your situation.

Only thing that can help you is at Halloween, give out full size candy bars. Then their kids love you too much for them to keep being a Grinch.

They don't have kids? humm - you'll just have to move.

Maybe you could offer to help your neighbor decorate for Christmas. Somehow get them involved in the fun part of Christmas and some good old fashioned Christmas Spirit

Create your show (sequenced songs) to include the disney music into a sequence added to that show, maybe have all lights on during that sequence. Have that all scheduled from start to finish each night and you should be good to go.

Doesn't get any easier than that.

Ok, lets try this again....  LOR has dumped my last two comments here....

I have done what you are thinking in the past and plan to do the same again this year!  Your best bet is to make a musical sequence with your "buffer" music and work your static lights into that.  I have even go so far as to add voiceovers into the music to let people know info I want them to know.  This year I'm going to be using the Disneyland Mainstreet christmas loop (edited down from 45 miniutes) and add my info about when the next show will start.  THIS will be me giving viewers a chance for pictures, get parked, etc...

I even do a pre-show that runs for about a half hour.  This is the time of day when the sun is not quite set yet but people are off work and driving by.

I can't help but wonder what the music is? I've got the Main Street Electrical Parade music from the actual Disney CD that is no longer available but can't think of whatever other music this might be.

I found it just now and listened. Sure not the parade but its ok for between music if needed

Edited by dgrant

I can't help but wonder what the music is? I've got the Main Street Electrical Parade music from the actual Disney CD that is no longer available but can't think of whatever other music this might be.

I found it just now and listened. Sure not the parade but its ok for between music if needed

Ya, it's basically just ambiance music. Being Disney fans we always get a kick out of the esplanade music. I've got doing a Pixar theme song mashup on the project list. Not sure it will happen this year.

I do the electric light parade and shelled out to have a custom sequence done for my pixel tree which turned out extremely nice! Sorry, I cannot give it out due to  the contract with holidaysequences.com and their portion of the creative content. I do have the music but you can probably download it from Amazon or similar. Its no longer available on CD from Disney.

I do the electric light parade and shelled out to have a custom sequence done for my pixel tree which turned out extremely nice! Sorry, I cannot give it out due to the contract with holidaysequences.com and their portion of the creative content. I do have the music but you can probably download it from Amazon or similar. Its no longer available on CD from Disney.

No worries, I worked with him on a project as well I know the deal and I don't share other peoples work without permission.

Edited by sticks4legs

I always use a motion picture company theme in between my  shows as a static display. It gives them time to depart or arrive, and its less than 30 Seconds. Some I have used are 20th Century Fox, THX, Tristar 1980's, Columbia Pictures, Dreamworks, and of Course, Disney.