Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting old arches to CCRs-transfer programming?

Sean

I have numerous musical sequences that are programmed for my 4 arches, each arch having 4 segments of mini lights in clear, red, and green.  So 12 channels per arch.

I would like to convert over to CCRs for the arches to save time on setting up and tearing down and lower maintenance of the arches and less cord storage. 

I do not have SuperStar and just tried playing around with programming the CCRs in the regular sequence editor and was hoping there was an "easy" way to convert the existing programs to work on the CCRs, but I am not seeing it.  Like simple copy and past but with the RGB layout, I am not  having any luck.  I really like the current effect that my arches have now and I know that the CCRs could look much cooler if they were programmed from the start, but right now it is more of a time issue.  I really don't want to reprogram my arches just to use CCRs on them instead of mini lights.  Can the current chases and effects be transferred over?   I was trying to avoid buying SuperStar but if that will help, I can do that.  Any suggestions  Thank You.

First, Superstar (SSE)  won't (and can't) take your current sequences and convert the effects inside of them. You'd end up programming the arches from scratch, or using one of the wizards inside the SSE.

When you copy from a 'regular' channel to a RGB channel, it's going to show up as red. RGB channels are 3 channels, and the first one is red. Since you are copying one channel, you are going to past one channel.

However, there is a downside. (Note: I've not tested this one, but I can see it being an issue.) If you copy an 8 channel arch into RGB channels, only 2 and 2/3 of those RGB are going to have something in them. If I'm right, when you copy 8 channels, it's going to paste to 8 channels, not 8 RGB channle.s (Since 8 RGB channels would equal 24 regular channels.)

Don you are correct. Copying and pasting 8 regular channels into an RGB setup will give you 2 white pixels and 1 yellow, assuming 100% intensity. 

The only way to do this, that I have found is, select the first channel on the first arch, copy and paste that channel to the first RGB channel, (it will be red). If you're looking for white or any other color for that matter, you'll need to mix the 3. Then do a chase if that's what it is.

This late in the year, it's going to be tough to convert all of your sequences. It takes time. Not as much as doing it from scratch, but it does take some time.

Good luck.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I don't know where your at with your purchase. but I would recommend you don't use CCR's as arches.  They are way to fragile.  Check out the CCPs and pex.......... I think you will have a much more durable product.

Steve

• Like 1

Steve S., I just built six of those last weekend. Looks really great. I agree about not using CCRs. Mine used 10 foot of 3/4 PEX with 50 CCP pixels per arch. The pixels are mounted into holes on the back of the arch so the pixel lights up the inside of the tube with 2 inch spacing between pixels.

• 3 weeks later...

You might find these useful

Hi,

I'm trying to convert over an old song where I had 8 segment arches to CCP rgb arches.  Each strand of the CCP (50 pixels per strand) is a new RGB arch.  I used your converting videos and used 8 as the resolution setting but it is not working...I've tried a few other settings but not being able to get it quite right.  Any suggestions?  Thank you  in advance

EDIT  these are the valid resolusions 1, 2, 5, 10, 16, 17, 25 & 50

Resolution 8 wont work. 

To review..   paste the 8 old channel sequence into the converter into the R or G or B breakout.   Then  in the CCR track  copy the first 8 Pixels and paste them into your CCP arch sequence TWICE.   Your first 16 pixels are the only ones to have have any effects.  17-50 are blank.   Then set resolution to 16 for the entire song,  end to end.  All the other macro channels must be 0/ off.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

EDIT  these are the valid resolusions 1, 2, 5, 10, 16, 17, 25 & 50

Resolution 8 wont work. 

To review..   paste the 8 old channel sequence into the converter into the R or G or B breakout.   Then  in the CCR track  copy the first 8 Pixels and paste them into your CCP arch sequence TWICE.   Your first 16 pixels are the only ones to have have any effects.  17-50 are blank.   Then set resolution to 16 for the entire song,  end to end.  All the other macro channels must be 0/ off.

Bob,

Thank you...this is working great for the Left Arch 1 and Right Arch 3!!  

I have an issue with the middle arch...I've done the exact same settings for it but it's going in slow motion and it seems like only the first eight are being recognized...as if the resolution setting is not picked up? I deleted the device in the sequence editor and started from scratch to ensure I hadn't missed a step but round 2 is coming up with the same results.  Arch 1 and Arch 3 are perfect but Arch 2 is not working.

The middle arch is strand 2 of the first CCP controller...is this too much to ask of the CCP controller to do on both strands?

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Totally in the dark here Rvalights.   I have to guess.    You have 4 arches right?  not three?   You need to paste the 8 source pixels twice giving 16 into all 4 strings of 50.  and set the res to 16 on all 4.

• The topic was locked