Light-O-Rama Forums

Paste Multiple & RGB Channels SUCKS!

zman

Maybe this has been noted before, I did a quick search, and nothing showed itself right away.

When you have RGB channels and are trying to do a paste multiple in the vertical, it is a crap shoot as to whether it works properly or not. If you have to so some enormous number like 100, do a SAVE first.

It is almost better than using a massive erase button at times. Jeez, I was even trying to be smart and saving before hand and by accident I just toasted a complete sequence.

I do have a back up, from last year, but I just lost 3 hours of editing.

Plain and simple these 2 items do not do well together. It would require a live session to show the developers the bug, but I do consider this a bug.

Have you tried the 4gb patch?  I had the same issues when working with rgb and applied the 4gb patch and turned off the undo recording and the program hasn't crashed since.

Mike,

OK so I don't hang around the forums near what I was once able to. I searched for the 4GB patch, and there is a lot of reference to it in threads to "just install it". One thread had Dev Mike or someone at LOR say it may interfere with some calcs they do......

I am always hesitant to add stuff this time of year even to my build computer.

What exactly does the 4GB patch do and is it a general install, or specifically for LOR?

I believe I've always said 'It was not supported, but you can try it'  or something like that.

Give it a try.  The worst that will happen is that you will need to re-install S3 - as long as you keep backups of your sequences.

My issue is not with SE crashing per se. Although I have had that happen, but I am not certain that it is not a problem with my Build Computer. I did download and install the 4GB Patch, and will see how it behaves starting later today.

My main issue, is that cutting and pasting multiple items into RGB channels is inconsistent at best. Trying to describe what happens is difficult. There are times when things appear to not work, however they are, only they are pasting below your RGB section. I toasted about 500 channels of data this way. Fortunately it only took me 90 minutes or so to recover.