Light-O-Rama Forums

Non CCR assignments as CCR

GDesch

Hi all,

I purchased superstar sequencer for the interaction with visualizer and the auto sequencer (I know, I'm a lazy lazy man)  ;) . Anyways, I really like what it can do for my mega tree, with the sequencing effects. What I was wondering, is how do I set which prop is treated as a CCR in terms of having the ability to do effects (Ribbon Assignments to TCM)?

I have 8 or so props, but I dont want all of them to have access to these transitions (because that would mean 150 more dollars I dont have in this years budget), plus I dont need it for more than 2 of my props (my mega tree and my mini tree array). My mega tree is RGBW, but with only basic light strings, and this was properly set up in visualizer as a basic 32 channel mega tree, if that helps.

Thanks,

GDesch

Edited by GDesch

I'm not clear as to what you mean by "how do I set which prop is treated as a CCR."

Instant Sequence applies effects to the sequencing rows and doesn't really care if the sequencing row is mapped to a CCR or another kind of prop. But perhaps I'm not understanding your question.

I'm not clear as to what you mean by "how do I set which prop is treated as a CCR."

Instant Sequence applies effects to the sequencing rows and doesn't really care if the sequencing row is mapped to a CCR or another kind of prop. But perhaps I'm not understanding your question.

What I mean is right now when I auto sequence, right now I am only sequencing a visualizer that has my mega tree in it. I can change the type of TCM effect done on the tree, which really leads to some great effects out of the tree. What I am wondering is if you can set different props I built in visualizer so they dont get put under a CCR/ TCM programmable effect, and some that do, if that makes any sense?

I call the green squares above the visualization the "sequencing grid". In the Instant sequence dialog box each row on the sequencing grid is treated as a ribbon. However, in this case "ribbon" can be a CCR or it can be regular lights. Each TCM can be assigned to one or more rows of the sequencing grid. This is done in the "Ribbon Assignments to TCM (Theme, Color, Movement)" section of the Instant Sequence dialog box.

In your visualization, your regular lights will be mapped to sequencing rows that are above your CCRs. You can assigne TCM 1 to your CCRs and then assign TCM 2 to your other rows. Also, realize that row 1 is the bottom sequencing row, and the row numbers increase as you go upward.

OOOOHHHHH!!!! I get it. So what I am wondering NOW, is how do I set specific props to specific rows? Sorry to be so needy :rolleyes:

Edited by GDesch

There are some tutorials on Instant Sequence. Go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on Video Tutorials. The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom. I believe there are 3 on instant sequence.