Light-O-Rama Forums

I thought it was going to be so easy.

AussieJoe

Hi All,

I'm a seasoned LOR campaigner with 200+ channels of triac control, lots of RGB and up until last year I only had 4 CCRs. Shows have always worked perfectly.

I ordered another 8 CCRs this year and plugged all 12 in and that's where it started to go horribly wrong. I'm using Superstar and I'm getting completely random results. Studying the forum I have checked that they are not in legacy mode. So, apparently;

1) I have to use multiple networks

2) I have to have a 500k converter (whatever that is and wherever you get it)

3) You have to have multiple usb ports, not a hub

4) Blah, blah, blah

I thought they just plugged in !!!! What an idiot!!

Can someone point me to a set of instructions that clearly explain what I have to do to run 12 CCRs?

ANY help would be appreciated.

Its best to use at least two networks . If your going to use the high speed USB-RS485-Hs  (buy them from lor it looks just like the one you use now with lor except its red ) you might not be able to use the high speed with some of your old controllers that why its best to use two high speed networks just for the ccr's put 6 ccr's on each new network

Its best to use at least two networks . If your going to use the high speed USB-RS485-Hs  (buy them from lor it looks just like the one you use now with lor except its red ) you might not be able to use the high speed with some of your old controllers that why its best to use two high speed networks just for the ccr's put 6 ccr's on each new network

Thanks for that. But how do you create the networks? Do you just plug 2 converters into the PC? How do you tell sequence editor which channels are on which network?

Where are the instructions?

As well, are you saying that it is normal that 12 CCRs will not work on a "slow" rs485 (non-red) converter?

Thanks for that. But how do you create the networks? Do you just plug 2 converters into the PC? How do you tell sequence editor which channels are on which network?

Where are the instructions?

As well, are you saying that it is normal that 12 CCRs will not work on a "slow" rs485 (non-red) converter?

http://www.lightorama.com/help/light-o-rama_controllers.htm

See the networks section.

Also, 12 CCR's on one high speed network shouldn't be a problem. In fact, if all of your AC controllers are the G3 series (green status light on the board) then you could get away with running your entire display from one 500k adapter. If you have any of the older AC controllers (red status light) then you'd need to put those on their own network.

OK, thanks heaps for that.   I have ordered a couple of high speed converters.

The question remains though; Is it normal for 12CCRs to go troppo when connected to single "slow' (black) converter?

OK, thanks heaps for that. I have ordered a couple of high speed converters.

The question remains though; Is it normal for 12CCRs to go troppo when connected to single "slow' (black) converter?

Yes. Generally speaking it is recommended to have no more than 6 CCRs on an older style converter. Unless you planned to do very basic on off type commands having 12 CCRs would overwhelm the non 500k converters.

Thanks again. I just wanted to make as sure as possible that I was chasing the correct bug.

don't know what troppo means

Sorry "Troppo" is short for "Tropical". Someone who has "gone troppo" is showing signs of strange and peculiar behaviour due to being in the tropics for too long.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I have now received my two RED 485 converters and the good news is that the 12 CCRs are humming beautifully. 

The problem I have now is that my fan comes down from the balcony. So the connection to the controller is at the top of the fan (where they are closer together) . It would appear that SUPERSTAR assumes that your controllers are at the bottom of the CCRs. i.e. everything I have written is upside down. Please tell me there is an easy way to reverse it.

Theres a flipper tool that someone posted a while back. I've not used it so I don't know if it works directly on the file contents, area of a file or the actual SE.

Here is the location...but don't hold me responsible for how it works...I've got no clue

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Edited by dgrant

When you setup another network do you need to use different address on each of the controllers on the new network, so not to cross talk as the first network has some of the same address on the controllers?

I have the older Red status light on those controllers with 500+ channels using the USB485B Booster Black color.

Then how will the choreography now which network to use per controller?

This year I have added 12 Cosmic Color Ribbon what USB booster do I use or can I use the second outlet form the above Booster or do I need to purchase a new faster one?

Then I read the New faster booster does not work with the older controllers??

Hey all. I now have my 12CCR sequence complete and want to import t to the regular sequence. I have watched the video and you can either import it as sequence, or you can cut and past. Either way it looks as though you have to set up all the channles. Is there no way to import the superstar sequence with the channels in one go?

This is ridiculous. . I've worked out how to get the sequence in with the channels, but I can't see the timing. That means that I have to do the timing in superstar and then again in sequencer. I can't even see the colours. So how do I coordinate my RGB devices? 

• The topic was locked