Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB has Dimmed Pixel

storminstang06

I've had this CCB for maybe a year and a half and it's never been used in a display (trying to get familiar with how rgb works and all). I was planning on using it as a last minute addition to the Halloween display this year, and I probably still will, but it has a minor issue.

In one of the bulbs, the green light is barely coming on. It is responsive to all commands, just not bright. Not too big of a deal, but it drastically changes some of the colors I'm trying to achieve. In HU, I tested it to see what percentage of r and b was needed to make a fully lit g make a white bulb. I think it was somewhere around 20-30%!

Is there a possible simple fix to get the green light to be as bright as it should be or will it need to be shipped for repair?

Thanks!

I think that pixel needs to be replaced, either the LED or the IC chip inside is faulty. The simplest fix would be to ask LOR to send you a replacement pixel, then just cut the bad pixel out of the string and solder and heat shrink the replacement pixel in its place. This is a common problem also on Chinese pixel strings. 

• The topic was locked