Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing Grids

Maine Lights

How do I add multiple timing grids in one track.  I want a standard of .10 timing in the entire song except for 5 seconds I want a .05 timing grid.  Thanks for your help!

Edit -> Timings -> Insert Timing Grid (Verbiage from 3.x)

Or, look for the "Timings" button. Should be near the top of your SE. (And I'm pretty sure that was there in 2.9)

timings are not associated to a track.    You creating timing grids with the Timings button.     Assign a time grid to a track using the pull down.  Change at any time and use grid on multiple tracks or none.

That's what I thought. I have selected the 5 seconds and I go to where you tell me Don but the insert multiple timings opinion is not allowed. I am sure is missing something basic.

Edit -> Switch Timing Grid.

Should give you 3 options. In this case, you might want to select "copy and switch to a new freeform timing grid"

From there, highlight the 5 seconds you want to change, then "right click -> subdivide cells" You'll want to subdivide each cell into 2, so type in "2" when the box appears. That section of timing grid will then be set to .05.