Light-O-Rama Forums

squirrels help

rbauer007

I have had them chew off bulbs (usually red ones??) but never plugs.  Keep your lights on 24/7 at 10% for a few days.  That should train them not to chew on your wires. 

I have had them chew off bulbs (usually red ones??) but never plugs.  Keep your lights on 24/7 at 10% for a few days.  That should train them not to chew on your wires. 

Only problem with this idea is that if your circuits are connected to grand fault, as they should be for safety purposes, it will just trip the detector.  (I have the same problem with rabbits.)

That didn't stop squirrels from killing $200 worth of my LED strings last year. They strings were beyond repair and firing my shotgun in the city is frowned upon by the police. Poison would kill a pet and that's not cool, neither is having a dead squirrel rot somewhere in or near the house.

I bought a live trap and instituted my forced relocation plan. Luckily I work 35 miles away from my house. It's been said that you have to move them at least two miles away of they find their way back. I'd set the trap at night and I'd carry the trap to work and release it in the parking lot. So far I've relocated 15 squirrels.

So far everything is working out. I hardly see any squirrels around the house anymore. It's working so well, I may have a plan to take care of the noisy, unruly kids in the neighborhood too!

• Like 2

I have heard that once you trap them, they are not fond of diving lessons.. they never seem to pass the test.. uuummmm  :blink:

• Like 1

My neighbor has bird feeders and doesen"t like squirrels , so I gave her my live trap and we have relocated over 30 squirrels and 3 rabbits so far this year.

I have heard that once you trap them, they are not fond of diving lessons.. they never seem to pass the test.. uuummmm  :blink:

I should not like this...

Aw, what the heck.  I LIKE THIS!

• Like 1

10710707_769033179817908_528654662111453m

ha ha thats what you get !!!!!  hmmmmm---- contact cement on a walnut then 3M headliner spray 

Adhesive  just might do the job Edited by rbauer007